|06-16-2011, 12:39 PM||#1|
I am: Michael
Join Date: Mar 2011
# of RCs: 7
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Total Props: 2
Muskoka Madtrax Info
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've taken all the questions posted on OffroadRC about this track and brought them right to the source. Jason from Muskoka Madtrax does not use the forum so here's some info about his track and his response to your questions.
Location: 200 Yonge St. South, Huntsville, ON.
Opening: July 1st
Hours: 7 Days, 10am - 9pm (may change in July)
Sign up for the races...
GLORCS - July 15,16,17 http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1950
RC Pro - July 22,23,24 http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1903
Questions & Answers:
Q1: When will the track open and what are your hours of operation?
- Track is open June 20th. I will be at the track every day for the weeks leading up to the RC Pro and GLORCS and will be open seven days a week from 10am to 9pm. Afterward hours will be modified.
Q2: Can I camp on site from July 15th to 24th to attend both events?
- Yes. But bring a generator. I have hydro however extended use will carry a cost.
Q3: Do you have potable water for campers and trailers?
- Yes. Also, port-a-potties and three indoor washrooms. No showers though there are plenty of lakes nearby.
Q4: What tires work best?
- Small pin or city-block style with soft compound.
Q5: Will the driver stand have a cover?
- Looking into it. Possibly lattice.
Q6: What is the track surface made from?
- Track is built onto 200 loads of sand and capped in clay.
- Track is 80% clay with the remaining 20% is to provide some loose sections of the track.
- A vibrating roller was used to pack the new surface onto most of the pre-existing track.
- Lanes are 16' wide, infield lanes are 12' wide and the back lane is 20' wide.
- Track has a full irrigation system and drains incredibly fast (even a down pour will take little time to drain).
- Dimensions are 180' x 275', the centre line is 1600' long.
- Average lap time is around 50 seconds
- Burms and banks are roughly 6-7' tall, though the burm in front of the red container is 12' tall.
- Running distance to the start of the back table top is 150'.
Q7: What else?
- On site hobby shop...fully stocked. If you need it let us know.
- Air compressor (on site)
- Garden hose and power washer (on site)
- Chalet with full menu and liquor license.
- HUGE bonfire planned for Friday night.
- Two live bands playing on Saturday July 16th.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|