General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ryan Mckay
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
BarnYard Wrap up!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Barn Yard Wrap up

First off I`d like to that all those who came out for this event and supported the track. All in all we got lots of run time had some fun and got home early!!
Thanks to my wife kids and Family for the help in the booth with the great meals and prepairing for the race. I`m now not allowed to work on the track untill our deck is completed

I have to Thank Adam Turner from TnT Customz for the wonderful trophies and the Team for all there help with the track and set up for this event!
Also Bob Flegel from Woodstock RC for many hours on the track and driver stand plus fixing my screw up's with the computer.

Pete Hendrickson also spent many hours at the track with this skid steer helping me get it in top shape for the race.
Joe Flegel for the help with sign's and support for the track!

Grand River Hobbies Donated a Rock crawler and gift certificates for the racers. It took a while to finally give them away but it went to a great cause.

Michael Lambert won the rock crawler and with out hesitation gave it to one of the kid`s track side for the trophy presentation

Benoit Legualt won a gift certificate from Grand River Hobbies and felt the 10 drive to the shop might be a bit much so he too gave his certificate to the lad with the new rock crawler for some extra accessories.

The third was the toughest to give away. from drawing people who were not there to other sponsors we finally pulled Wyatt Leavitt's name.

Congratulations to all and Thanks again Grand River Hobbies!!

Craig Baxter from The Driver Stand help out by providing the FM transmitter so we could all hear what was going on!
As for racing track got some personality by the end of the day but the best lap times never went up. they stayed in the 34 second range all weekend.

As for the winners we spread the wealth all around

1/8 nitro buggy what can i say Dave Henry got out front early and never looked back. Benoit held on to 2nd for the first half of the race but Jay closed the gap and took over 2nd 25 laps in.

Pos. Start Car Driver's Name Total Laps Total Time Fastest Lap On Lap Avg. Lap Time Std. Dev Status
1 3 7 Dave Henry 48 00:30:27.398 00:34.740 40 38.070 2.783 Done!
2 1 6 Jay Cristiano 47 00:30:10.143 00:35.387 25 38.513 2.357 Done!
3 6 8 Benoit Legault 47 00:30:11.134 00:36.416 12 38.534 2.362 Done!

1/8 Nitro Truggy started out to be a great battle between Derek Sousa and Dave Henry. The first 15 laps they were back and forth with the lead while driving clean and pulling away. It was great to watch then a problem with Dave's truggy sidelined him for the rest of the race. Derek continued to pull away and even had time to flame out a couple times at the end but still held the lead. Mean while Dave Mclean did it the hard way by having issues on the first lap and crossing the line 11th. he slowly worked his way through the field. Dave Leavitt and Mark Sousa battled for third until a flame out or 2 cost Mark valuable time. Brad Fillmore also started way back and slowly worked his way to the front passing Dave L. with only 3 laps to go to take 3rd over all.

Pos. Start Car Driver's Name Total Laps Total Time Fastest Lap On Lap Avg. Lap Time Std. Dev Status
1 1 12 Derek Sousa 48 00:30:14.122 00:34.358 16 37.794 8.812 Done!
2 5 5 David Mclean 46 00:30:04.957 00:35.906 36 39.238 3.722 Done!
3 4 9 Brad Fillmore 45 00:30:00.699 00:35.749 29 40.015 4.333 Done!

Finally we had the E- buggy race. this race was full of surprises. Justin Dasilva ,George Stiliadis, Jay Cristiano and Benoit Legault battle up front for most of the race with Justin and George and Jay all trading positions. 7min in George dropped out and left Jay and Justin Battling back and forth. Benoit and Abiye Birku were working there way from the back of the pack when right before the finish heading to the back straight for the final time Jays car rolled to a stop. unable to finish this left the TQ in forth place. Behind the leader Justin Benoit now with a small bobble on last lap lets Abiye squeaked by for second.

1 4 3 Justin Dasilva 16 00:10:14.617 00:35.536 4 38.413 3.588 Done!
2 13 2 Abiye Birku 16 00:10:19.181 00:35.597 6 38.698 3.281 Done!
3 3 7 Benoit Legault 16 00:10:20.351 00:36.260 13 38.771 2.555 Done!
Woodstock RC
TnT Costumz
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
fuzz86 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

its good to see Justin out again and win. don't worry Justin me and Natalie will train your girl friend to pit for you soon you will be unstoppable
__________________ specializing in custom parts and sleeve resizing done right!
imported_yak54 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor

Great write up Ryan. Thanks for posting!

...and I caught Justin teaching her how to use the starter box and keep his engine running while he ran back to the pit to fetch something. It's already begun!!! HAHA...
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

The write-up was cool to see. Thank you!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.