Glorcs - glenwood - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Glorcs - glenwood

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What a good time! Thanks to Brian Bellinger for literally forcing me to run his 4WD SC truck this weekend, so I could see what it was all about. I absoluuutely enjoyed it! Oh! I also won, which makes it even more bitter sweet. LOL... Also thanks to K&D Action Photo for being on hand and for the wicked dinner they treated me too. Thanks guys!!!

The attendance was low again (5 heats), so we managed to pull off 4 rounds of qualifying and the mains on Saturday. Heck, things are starting to shape up to being an amazing one day race series. In fact, I'm planning on it for 2012. The boys from New York are all planning on making the Martin Petre Memorial race and hopefully Action, so it'll be great to see them again next month.

The weather was amazing, the track was amazing, the superman jump was amazing, the friends, laughs, and good times were amazing. It was simply a terrific race day, and everything worked out perfectly.

Kudos to George for his TQ in buggy and to Derek Sousa for his amazing win over super fast, Brian Wynn. WOW!!! Oh ya...and to me too for winning 4WD SC and bringin' the hardware back to Canada. LMAO...

Side Note - I would have loved to see more racers at this one after the poor turnout at Muskoka, but I've learned in the short time I've been running the series, that racers communicate with one another and travel in groups. If he's going, then I'm going, etc... It's too bad really, because Glenwood was SUCH an awesome day of racing and nobody could argue with their race experience. For years, Drew and Bellinger have enjoyed when the 'Canadian Group comes down', and were a little bummed so many Canadian friends opted not to come.

I understand that there's been hiccups along the way this year, and some bouts with lack of communication and organization, and I'm genuinely sorry, but although Glenwood was prepared and ready to cater to any amount of racers that might have showed, it's my opinion that racers reflect back to the previous races entries to gauge whether they should bother attending the next one, and so on. Sadly, this is contagious and hurts the tracks. Although Glenwood wasn't responsible for anything that's happened up to their race date, they paid the price in reduced entries. Anyway, that's a topic for another thread. Not here.

Thanks to everyone who attended, and I look forward to seeing everyone in September at Action, then Vineland for the Martin Petre Memorial race.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: DerekS
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
I would like to say thanks to the entire Glenwood Crew (Doctor Drew, Brian Bellinger etc.) For creating a fun and challenging layout. Congrats to Brian Bellinger who won Buggy and to Brian Wynn in Truggy who really made me work hard to stay ahead as well a good job goes out to George Stilliadis for taking TQ in Nitro Buggy however he having servo problems before the start.
Thanks again Glenwood and it was another great weekend of racing.
Derek Sousa
1/8th Scale Nitro Offroad: Mugen Seiki, 1/10th Scale Electric Offroad: Team Durango
Mugen Seiki, Team Hardcore R/C, VP Power Masters Fuel, AKA, Alpha and Savox Factory Driver, HRP
2QK4U is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Pete Elphinstone Jr
RCC Junior Contributor

Well this was my first glorcs race this year, only reason was that my schedule didnt allow me to run the rest of the series.
When I seen that this race would be at the Glenwood track I made it a point to go.
To have the race run in one day was a great decision, but if I had of booked a hotel for the weekend then it wouldnt have been so good.
Although the numbers were down for this race the quality of drivers were not. The class of drivers were top notch, with the Glenwood crew, the CRC crew and our own guys.
As for the series this year compared to last year you can see the effort Kevin has put into the series. Kevin raced very little this weekend but was there filling every position that needed to be filled, whether it was marshalling for the practise on friday or marshalling for 1 or all of the mains/quals he was there. I need to put out a special thanks to Kevin for your help in the main. I lost a tire in the truggy main and as my dad couldn't make this race Julie was doing it all on her own. We all know the stress and frustration during a main when something goes wrong but then Kevin pops up out of no where to help get my tire back on and truggy back out on the track. Huge thanks bud.
In the past i wasn't happy with the glorcs series race as i had posted here before and it just wasn't for me. This year when Kevin took over I was interested in trying the whole series but when the race schedule came out it just seemed like the races were way to spread out to do the whole series, quebec, crc, action. I just didn't think i could travel all over and afford all of the hotels and travel costs and still be able to compete. This is why I decided to run the RC Pro Series instead.
As of late with new tracks opening up steady and alot of offroad racers that have gone indoors the driver numbers have dropped everywhere.
Only suggestions I have for the series for next year would be that if the events go to 1 days then leave the friday open for practise and set-up and racing on saturday. Keep the series close, that way it can build up numbers. When the numbers increase then look at spreading the series out. Finally my last suggestion is more of a personal opinion, lose the qualifing points system and go back to qualifing times. This is the thing I dislike most about the RC Pro Series. It doesn't award fast times for qualifiers it awards your position. You could have a bad qualifier or 2 but still run a time that was fast enough to put you in the A main but qualify in the B main, or just get lucky with a couple good finishes in your quals and earn the points to make the A but your times aren't fast enough.
Anyway enough of my whining.
After having such a good time this weekend I will be at the next events. Nice plaques too, better then the flaming bagels!!!
Great job and awesome track Glenwood crew.
Thanks Kevin, keep up the good work.
Pete Elphinstone Jr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

Don't mention it Pete, and thanks for noticing the marshaling thing. I lost about 10 pounds this weekend I think. LMAO... Thanks for the feedback and I'll see ya' at Action.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
hey Pete,

good post.. i'll add one thing qual points make it a lil more fair in quails, for example if you have 12 heats of the same class.. the guys who run the first heat in the first round will have a perfect track (if the track gets blown out easily like in Muskoka) by the time you get around to that last heat you will have a rough blown out track which may render fast time as the first heat null and void... so it just gives everyone a fair chance and makes you be consistent...
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Pete Elphinstone Jr
RCC Junior Contributor

That is a good point for sure and works the same with a damp track as it drys out with more runs on it. They all have their pros and cons, but when the resort happens (if there is one) this evens everyone out to equal track conditions. Thats where you see if those guys had track condition on their side or not!
Pete Elphinstone Jr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.