2011 RC Pro Series Thanks for a great year! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #21
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i would like to say that the people that are complaining about watering hey tough luck thats offroad get your setup RIGHT! for the track condition. thats what makes the sport more intresting
www.dmntracing.com specializing in custom parts and sleeve resizing done right!
imported_yak54 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Thank you thank you thank you to all the organisers, track owners and participants in this years rcpro Ontario series!
It was a blast as usual racing at all the different tracks in what has evolved into a great series. Joe i know you work your azz off behind the scenes and I sincerely apreciate all your efforts in keeping rcpro Ontario on track, haha pun intended. The series has taken awhile to evolve but it has definitely taken a very big positive step this year.
Ryan, thank you for stepping up and hosting the finals on relatively short notice. You did a great job running the event but get yourself more helpers next time!
To all of you complaining about this or that BOOOO!!! ALL the tracks put in a tonne of work so we can come race and enjoy the hobby. Contructive criticism is one thing and can often lead to improvements but unless you have run a large event yourself you have no idea bow much sacrifice the track organisers make in their PERSONEL lives for our benefit. Yes there are always things that could have been better at any race but they also could have been worse without all the effort that was put in before we showed up.
In case any of you didn't know I love the challenges involved in racing offroad. I look at changing track conditions as a challenge and am always looking for the best solution wether it be the car setup, what tires to run, what driving lines to try etc etc. The vehicles we drive are sways going to tear up a track and that is just racing. As far as dust in concerned it is much easier to clean off than mud!
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #23
RCC Expert Contributor

I could be wrong, but weren't guys running faster in the expert truggy A main than they had all weekend? I personally dont think the track changed hardly at all the entire weekend, the first I got to run on sunday was for my main at like 2pm, and I thought the track was more or less exactly the same as it was my last qual saturday, even after all the rain,

the other thing people need to realize is if we took even one break to water, we never would have even started the third round saturday, which means the final mains probably wouldn't have been done till close to dark, I'd rather be home before dark and race on a consistent track all weekend, plus that same wind that was blowing the dust away was drying the track out, so watering would have only helped one or two races and then it would have been bone dry again, which means it would have had to have been watered probably every 3 or 4 races for it to stay consistent for everyone, which would have made the weekend even longer,

and I know Ryan was trying to find people to help out with track maintance and everything for the couple weeks in advance he had, but hardly no one would step up and help out, I guess maybe the short notice had people already with plans made or whatever, but when the track maintance crew has to do tech, how is anything supposed to get done?

bottom line if you want to run on a perfectly smooth flat high traction surface, and have every track the same type of surface and conditions, go race on-road, like Dave said most of the fun of offroad is that every track is different, and saying any track owner is lazy is just plain ignorent
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #24
Resident complainer

Just remember guys, it's offroad racing and we are in Canada. If we wanted to race on perfectly flat and manicured tracks we might as well be racing carpet touring cars. Sure some tracks in the states have perfectly manicured and flat surfaces, but they are also running tires that have almost no tread and on blue groove dirt/clay. It's offroad, it's suppose to be bumpy and tough to drive!
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #25
I am: Michael
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
I enjoyed the track and the challenges. Thank you to The Barnyard crew and family for all your efforts. And thanks to Joe for running the series, I had a blast.

In my first year racing I am lucky to have been able to attend all Rc Pro events, a GLORCS race as well as my favourite club series (an unwanted measure for their efforts).

In a short time I've seen a good mix of it all. Some tracks were what they were and did not change, for good or for worse, and others you just had to roll with the punches. Along the way I learned a great deal about setup...but far from enough. But also I've gained an appreciation for the amount of effort is put in before a race (outside of situations where unforeseen circumstances are in the mix), as well as during it. Some tracks were built proper while others were still learning. As a professional series, as I see the RC Pro, a minimum standard is expected, IMO.

Perhaps I am spoiled by my local track and my experience in races two and three, though no main should start with nail spikes exposed on the track, though I'll say I saw not one car damaged, just stuck on such spikes. But having said that DH is right. Every track provides a different learning experience, and I've learned from them all.

As a newcomer to this sport, and someone eager and willing to support it's growth, I fear most that a lack of minimum standards will fail in producing and promoting Canadian racers, better tracks and support. And after all we benefit from all of these.

With the lessons we've all learned, I hope that our generous track owners continue their hard work to make their tracks and this series better every year.
TracktionRC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #26
RCC Apprentice
I am: Steve S
Radio of choice:
futaba 4pk
# of RCs: 5

Hey ................ the season's not over yet!!
We've still got the Nationals Sept 16-18 Hope to see you all out in Winnipeg in a few weeks to crown our National Champions.
Steve Svendsen
RCPS National Director
Losi - CRE motors & fuel - nxgraphics
svengali is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #27
RCC Contributor

Originally Posted by POWLING View Post
Just remember guys, it's offroad racing and we are in Canada. If we wanted to race on perfectly flat and manicured tracks we might as well be racing
...at the 2012 CHEO event in Ottawa.

Jokes aside I would like to thank all the track owners/workers for their excellent job at the four events in Ontario.

The enjoyment for me was running at new tracks, meeting some people that love this great hobby and throwing myself into the fire learning how to race these 1/8 beasts.

I enjoyed every part of it. I will attend the finals in Winnipeg! Can't wait and hope to see some Ontario guys represent!
Ottawa, Ontario
Mugen Seiki MBX-6 ECO Spec
Mugen Seiki MBX-6R
Dynamic Hobbies - Smile for R/C
MikeZ is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #28
RCC Pro Contributor

Thanks Joe Parent, for keeping RC Pro going, who else was going to do that and Ryan and his gang for letting us rip up your property all weekend !

I hated marshalling when it was super dusty thats about it because I have the filtering thing figured out for the engine.... Now, if the wind was going in the other direction ? Well, thats a different post ! LOL !

Myself, I would never build another track because if I heard someone complain.... I would SNAP and possibly beat that person with a shovel like in the movie Step-Brothers ! I helped build a couple tracks before, it aint no picnic ! And another thing, MUGEN MBX 6 cars like bumpy tracks !

No "Top 10" awards this year in RC Pro ? OH Man ! almost forgot , we can walk to Timmies at the Vineland Track !
Can we get this problem rectified too ?
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ryan Mckay
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Originally Posted by JordanAK View Post

Myself, I would never build another track because if I heard someone complain.... I would SNAP and possibly beat that person with a shovel like in the movie Step-Brothers ! I helped build a couple tracks before, it aint no picnic !
I know that feeling!!

You might think if some felt there was a issue they would let you know at the time and give you a chance to fix or improve it rather than wait till everyones home in front of the computer when nothing can be done about it

But I guess not!!
Woodstock RC
TnT Costumz http://www.tntcustomz.com/
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
fuzz86 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #30
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I had a great time this year. Thanks to everyone involved for making my first year doing all of the Ontario races a blast.

What I liked:
-The off track land rush start at Action
-The clean race line. You were fast if you were on it...you were screwed if you fell off
-The elevation change in the back corner

-The challenge of the ever changing track conditions
-The huge rock face for playing with the crawlers
-Constantly trying to find a fast Short Course line with all of the possibilities

-The front table top
-How well the dirt stood up all weekend
-How well the track turned out after that monsoon of a rain storm. I thought for sure we were done for the weekend

-Maybe I'm a little biased, but the guy that owns that place is a pretty cool cat.

Most memorable moments
-Falling off the rocks while video taping at Muskoka (completely my fault). Once I get the video edited, you will see.
-Traveling with all of my guys
-The boat dying at night in the middle of the bay at Gravenhurst
-Planting a two way radio in Fillmore/VanHarn's pit at Action. Oh the dirty names we called them.
-Coming back to my pit at the Bardyard to see that my tent did NOT blow away
-Evan asking everyone in Stratford if they knew Justin Bieber
-Noticing that the pizza oven at Domino's (Kingsville) was chained to the floor
-And of course This

Thanks to Joe and Shaun for holding it all together
Thanks to my Race Division for helping me at Vineland, and putting on a good show at all of the other tracks
Thanks to Nicholas for offering his help with Tech
Thanks to all of the track orders for your effort and a good summer.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.