Informative Article - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 09-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was at a race recently and there was two marshals in the same section of the track ( different cones but same area ) and they both were injured and could not get to flips vary fast. You got to love there intentions but it was not fair for the racers, you should be close to 100% or find a replacement. We have to give credit to the marshals as well.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
Once I watched a marshall reach for a car, and as soon as he touched the car, the driver gave it full throttle, so the marshall refused to pick up the car....when the guy finally stopped, the marshall picked up the car and the driver gave it full throttle again...the marshall refused to put the car down until the guy let go of the throttle. I don't blame him, and I'd probably do the same thing!

I've personally had many times where I'm trying to flip a buggy over and the driver gave it the beans when only one tire had touched the ground...that ripped the buggy out of my hands and then it ends up upside down again....if drivers would wait the 0.25 extra second for all 4 tires to hit the ground, not only would it be safer for marshalls but they would save themselves the extra 5-10 seconds that they spend upside down the second time....

Yes, this is always inappropriate behavior. There is never a valid excuse. There really is no benefit to goosing it while being marshaled. Marshal safety is more important than your race results 100% of the time.

Another personal favourite is watching the cars get stuck on the pipe trying to get back onto the racing surface. 9 times out of 10, it would be faster to let go of the throttle and let the marshal put you back between the pipes. I usually just stand there and watch this phenomena.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andrew_67 View Post
from the Sunday walk to the RC, the casual bend, the wow i can think of betters things i could be doing pick up and drop.
You forgot the "I'm on my cell phone, kick the truck back onto it's wheels"...

Totally agree it's a respect thing...and sometimes a fear thing... at my local track, the electric guys are mostly mild-mannered friendly people...if you ever hear any grumbling on the drivers stand during an electric race, it's the driver grumbling at themselves for making a mistake and crashing... many of the nitro guys tend to be more hot-headed, yelling at marshalls, punching walls when things don't go the marshalls are afraid of making the nitro guys mad.

I always marshall the way I would want someone to marshall. Quickly, two hands on the truck when possible, keep it away from oncoming traffic but pointed towards the next corner...if the truck crashes in the valley between two jumps, put it down at the top of the 2nd jump, rather than making the guy climb uphill from a standing start...but to some people, marshalling the way you want to be marshalled could mean "Try to fix my truck when I crash and a battery connection comes loose"...NO! NO no no no NO! The truck is disabled, take it to the nearest edge of the track and get back to marshalling your corner. Let a crewman come AROUND the track to retrieve the disabled truck. While you are trying to fix a disabled truck, someone else could crash where you should be marshalling.

I think the unfortunate thing here is that most tracks don't have "Official Marshalling/being Marshalled" Rules...

I just read something interesting in the ROAR rule book...and I know most of us will never race ROAR sanctioned events, but these seem like very FAIR and CLEAR rules:

5.14.12 Failure by a driver to maintain a closed throttle or zero speed setting while his vehicle is in the hands of a marshal: A ten second penalty in that qualifier or main.
5.14.13 Repairing a vehicle while marshaling: A ten second penalty in the marshal’s previous qualifier or main.

A hard copy of rules and guidelines for marshalling should be something that EVERY track has, and EVERY driver should have read. Drivers need to know what they can and cannot expect from a marshall, and marshalls need to know what is expected of them.

Sigh....ranting done...for now.
Martyr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Also the driver should not have crashed to need the person your dissing. I crash and need them to and have experienced disappointment with marshals.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.