Cost For A 3 Day Race Weekend - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #11

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Depending what breaks, usually 150-200 for the weekend, but i budget 300-400.
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
RCC Contributor

I would say it all depends on where I have to travel...

The first three Ontario R/C Pro races averaged out at about $300 per weekend. This included 3 people sharing a $120 hotel room for 2 or 3 nights, gas, food, entry fee and misc...

The last race cost me the most in dollars as I had a hotel to myself(even at $90 that was $270 for that alone).

The Muskoka race cost me the most overall though as running the race has put me in psychiatric facility for a few weeks after having to deal with all the racer requests... lol All jokes of course...

It has been many years since I did this much traveling to race events however I did enjoy it. Next year I might look at camping out and saving me some coin...

Heading to Winnipeg this weekend is going to cost about $600 total. This includes my airfare(got it cheap thanks to aeroplan), rental car, food, hotel and entry fee.

I am heading to Vegas for IIC first week of October... uh... that one will be about $250 hotel(really good price for 7 nights), $250 food, $150 entry fee, $450 airfare and about $1000 for gambling. Who knows maybe I can come home with more money then I left with LOL... however after that I wont be doing that much traveling until Spring.
Ottawa, Ontario
Mugen Seiki MBX-6 ECO Spec
Mugen Seiki MBX-6R
Dynamic Hobbies - Smile for R/C
MikeZ is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor

I would say $300 would be a fair estimated average amount per person.
imported_Portyansky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
RCC Contributor

I usually suffer some sort of catastrophic electronics or engine failure, so anywhere from $200 to $500 per race weekend.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re average cost for a 3 day race weekend

the cost of a 3 day weekend race depends on whether its a canadian race like action hobbies or an american race like the crcrc midwest champs .

it usually costs me between 200-400 depending on how far the venue is and whether i can share accomodation costs with a teammate or not.

im sure its less for guys who have a trailer to camp out in and a good camp stove ( this saves you 200 + on hotel expenses alone)

sean robillard is right to spend some coin on his wife considering all the pitting and marshalling she does for him . most of our wives would never do these things no matter how much we would spend on dinner lol

then you have guys like george stiliadis who spends at least 100 on crown alone at a typical 3 day weekend lol
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #16
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Tillsonburg cost me $600, and I got 28 minutes on the track.

I can't wait until Short Course is taken more seriously.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

WOW 2000km for $100, you're not doing right, with the car we are getting in the next 2 months to replace our 13 year old torus wagon, we can do about 32000km on $100 and fit all my rc gear in it too boot.

But right now my 3 day race weekend i'm at about $100, gas (car and nitro), entry, parts (if necessary), food, misc. And that is a lot if you are doing this on a strict allowance/NCS budget. That's why the MPM is one of only three 3 day races i'm doing this year and i'm sure the new car will help that next year.
Nicholas Schweiger

On temporary back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #18
John Bakker
I am: JB

$60 for gas
50 entry fee
100 food
50 booze
I camp so I save there
plus what ever i sink in to my buggy's 50 ish
oh ya 1 missed day of work $$$$

CHA- ching
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
3 day event at hardcore

Gas $20.00
race fees $50.00
Nitro $40.00
Food $30.00
Drinks $10.00
Glow plugs $20.00

extras (go fast juice and saturday night dinner at turtle jacks with racing buds) priceless (well about $100.00)

So hardcore bill is $170.00 assuming I don't break anything plus $100.00 for extras, grand total $270.00 running 1 class

3 day event away from home

Gas $150.00
Race fees $50.00
Nitro $40.00
Food $175.00 (3 dinners, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunchs)
Hotel $220.00 (2 nights)
Drinks $20.00
Glow plugs $20.00

Extras (well, away with the boys.....$200.00 at least)

So, assuming I don't damage anything the cost is $675.00 plus the extras...
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #20
RCC Apprentice

I sleep in a trailer so I don't have the extra cost of a hotel and I can still probably spend 300 bucks a weekend. Between gas for truck, generator, nitro for truck and parts for the rc's. That doesn't include the money I loose being away from work for two days or your initial investment of the cars i run. But having said that, I am looking forward to the rest of the races this year and even more next year. I look at this as a fairly cheap therapy from the everyday stresses that plag everyone from day to day.
imported_Pete787 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.