Cost For A 3 Day Race Weekend - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 09-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #21
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Joseph C.

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Tillsonburg cost me $600, and I got 28 minutes on the track.

I can't wait until Short Course is taken more seriously.
Hardcore R/C Track Owner
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
There's too many variables.
Simple things like a jug of fuel for one racer might be $45.00, while an electric guy uses none. Then a sponsored driver might have free fuel or very low cost on a jug.
Same thing with wearing out a clutch assembly vs. none or vs. a good long life aftermarket clutch.
Or how about if you have a $300.00 motor that's only good for 5 gallons - you used up $60.00 worth of your motor if you burned a full gallon.
Some tracks suck the life out of a set of tires. I have personally DESTROYED 2 sets of brand new tires at hardcore on those hot hot days when they weren't watering, compared to a single set of Gridirons that I used for BOTH buggy's at CRC that were still in great condition when I was done. And add to that that some guys pay full retail of over $80.00 a set, while others get them for steep discounts or maybe even free.
Steve's F150 sucks back something like $160.00 for 700km, while my Sentra is more like $55.00 for 550km.
Some guys arrive arrive Friday morning and practice hard and go through a lot of parts, while others show up Saturday and get only 10 minutes practice, 3 5 minute qualifyers and make the 15 minute d-main. Huge wear and tear differences.
Then there's the whole hotel thing - share a room? maybe split it 4 ways? sleep in a camper? sleep in a tent?
Then there's the Sousa's - 2 racers, 4 classes (all nitro)... try to add that up!!!
There's WAY too many variables. You could pull off a 3 day electric only weekend for as low as entry, gas, food, 1/2 a set of tires, some wear and tear and sleep in your tent...... or you could have a 2 class nitro blowout weekend from hell and stay in a hotel. Everyone's expense will be completely different and quite variable.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor

I also here people say they are saving so money as they now have a camper. However you have to take into account the extra fuel you burn pulling it to the track, insurance, maintenance, cost of trailer, storage, etc.etc.

I keep looking at it however when I add it up crashing in a cheap hotel keeps winning out for me!!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #24
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

I agree with most, being very new to RC i had not idea how fast it adds up.

Three day race, Cost me...

- $120 ( loss of pay on friday )
- $70 ( Race entry Fees )
- $120 ( meals two dinners, three lunches , three breakfast )
- $50 fuel to get to the race
- $50 in parts, filters, fuel ect..
- $100 for hotel tell for two nights, shared with someone else

Total cost $510 to show up and blow my escs at the barnyard GLorcs race and spend the weekend pitting the rest of the team.. lol
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #25
RCC Master Contributor

I agree with the cost for a 3 day is variable and if you have a trailer yes it will cost you less to race every weekend however the initial cost of the trailer should be taken into consideration. I bought a small pit trailer at the beginning of this year and with the setup it was over $3500. My trailer is only a 5'x8'. It's a very basic setup and I did everything myself to save some dough.

Point pay either way for a 3 day race weekend
Chris Capelo
TLR, Horizon Hobby, Spektrum, Nitrotec, Pinnacle Hobby, UpgradeRC
imported_C.Capelo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #26
RCC Pro Contributor

Now everyone knows why I did so much mountain biking this summer !

Still the best $300 ive ever spent ! So with the demise of the Gorcs series maybe we will see the return to the "Good Old Days" of the one day TROPHY RACE and a resurgence of Club Racing ?
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #27
RCC Contributor

[QUOTE=Martyr;280725Your Hemi costs a lot! My sunfire was able to do 2000km+ on about $100 in gas...[/QUOTE] 1975
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #28
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

Originally Posted by JordanAK View Post
Now everyone knows why I did so much mountain biking this summer !
Agreed - I can race my mountain bike at a facility that maintains and insures hundreds of acres of land, maintains a trail network of 60-120 km of XC trails for $45 Canadian Dollars in a high level Provincial Points Series...

Or ride for $13-20 / day.

Kelso Conservation area has a great weekday race series where you pay $70 for 14 races. The draw prizes each night are as good or better than a big RC trophy race weekend.

Much more value in XC cycling or just training....

Dont get me wrong, I see where some of the money goes for RC promoters, but personaly I feel there is not much value given back to the participant for $$ spent.

I guess it's just economies of scale or basic economics - take your pick....
Skycraft Hobbies Racing
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #29
RCC Junior Contributor

Originally Posted by jordanak View Post
now everyone knows why i did so much mountain biking this summer ! :d

still the best $300 ive ever spent ! :up: So with the demise of the gorcs series maybe we will see the return to the "good old days" of the one day trophy race and a resurgence of club racing ?
Associated RC8.2e /Associated B4 /Associated SC10/Losi 22/
energyracing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #30
RCC Pro Contributor

+1 for one day race events!
With more than one hobby, family, friends, etc...the summer calendar gets filled up fairly quickly and squeezing in a one day race is MUCH easier (and affordable) than blocking off a whole weekend.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.