Rc pro ontario - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
I am: Joeparent

Total Props: 0
Rc pro ontario

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I want to start off with thanking all of the Racers, Tracks, and Sponsors for helping make 2011 at huge success!
This post is my last Offical post as the ONTARIO RC PRO SERIES Director.
I have decided to step down from this position.
It was not a easy decision, as I have put alot of my heart and soul into this Series to make it one that the racers want to race in, and for me to walk away is very difficult. But with work and family requiring more of my time I had no other option but to do so.
I have been tossing the ideal around for pretty much all the summer, and after talking to racers and seeing what they felt about where the series is , I feel that I have done a pretty good job of given the racers and tracks a good footing to continue on into the future.
Next I worried about who could I have continue on as the next director.
I felt the series would benifit with having someone that is a RACER, and also knows about running races and knew what the tracks needs are also.
I spoke with many of you racers during the summer to get a feel of what everyones ideals are and what they think where the series should go.
In my time in charge I felt that it was important to reconize that the racers and tracks are what make the series what it is...without either there is no series, that is why we try to make the entry fees resonable but fair, so the tracks still have money at the end of the weekend but the racers don't feel like they have been raked over the coals.
I feel that I have found a person that is alot like myself in many ways and truely feel that the series will continue to grow and not move backwards.
I want to take this time to thank you racers, for coming to the races and running hard and giving us all some great racing to race in and watch...with out you guys and girls we would not continue growing
To the tracks thank you for having us at your tracks and putting on such great events...all the tracks I have dealt with have been great and I loved the time we had working togther.
Last but not least OUR sponsors!
without you guys, this is just another series, but with all of your support and donations you helped make our series here in Ontario the best series in Canada, that the rest of the country where looking up to and asking how we where doing what we were.
Thanks to Dynamic Hobbies for being our Title sponsor this season, Tamiya Canada, Average Joe's, RC Cow, Traxxas, Dialed Inc/tnt customs, Precision Hobbies/JQ/Byron feuls, Team Associated, Great Planes Distributor,Bocca Bearings, HRP Distributors, Hot Bodies/HPI and to all the others I might have missed.

Lastely Shawn Brennan, for your help with getting in touch with some of the sponsors, people didn't see your work or even know but you where a big part of this season .

Now to anounce the NEW DIRECTOR!!!
Please welcome in Nate Talaskavich!!

I am possitive that Nate will take the ball and run with it and continue to grow our series!!

I will be around still not sure how much, as I am hoping to be working lots of hours this upcoming summer, but I promise I will be around.
looking forward to seeing all of you and having some laughs and pops after racing!

Best of luck Nate!
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Thanks for all of your hard work with the series Joe.
You really knocked the RC Pro series out of the park this year with attendance, sponsors, and tracks.

I'm looking forward to next year as well. Myself, and the Average Joe's Race Division will be there.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #3

You did a awesome job getting the RC Pro Series back on the map and recognized as the series to run. Thanks Joe for all your hard work.
Now on to the Nate Train..... congratulations my friend on your new position.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

WOW! Sad, but exciting news at the same time! The RCPS HAS become Ontario's premiere multi-day racing event without a doubt, and you've played a huge role in getting it there Joe. Bravo buddy, and thanks VERY VERY much for all your hard work.

Nate is a stand up guy, entertaining to have around, personable, and an ambassador to the hobby without a doubt. Nate also commands respect from new and old racers alike, both on AND off the track in my opinion. His demeanor is perfect for the role of director. Congratulations Nate, and thanks for stepping in!

...so much for that fishing boat huh Nate? HAHAHAHAA... Inside joke, sorry.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #5

Well thank you Joe!, glad i could help you with the series this year, it was a huge success. Nate congrats is in order, and if you need help with anything don't hesitate to call, will gladly offer my services.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Nate T

I want to thank Joe for doing such a great job over the past few years, and growing the RC Pro series to what it is today. I am sad to see you go as director but glad you will be able to focus on your racing more when you choose to come and play.
Well done Joe!

I want to thank everyone that has come forward already and offered their help, and I will be getting in contact with all of you in the next couple weeks.

Shawn, thank you so much. I will call you this weekend

Kevin, I got the fishing boat about a month ago, all this means is I will not get to use it that much now. lol

I want to say thank you to all the RC Pro racers and sponsors, and I know it will be another great season next year for everyone!

Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
RCC Contributor

Thank you Joe, you did an awesome job running the series. All your hard work made the RC Pro Ontario what it is today. Great Job Bud.

Congrats to Nate, I am sure you will do a great job picking up where Joe left off. I truly believe your the guy for the job.

See you in 2012
imported_smeerdude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #8

Thanks for the season Joe! In my brief racing stint this year's RC Pro Ontario was the first race series I've taken part of. I've honestly enjoyed every minute of it! I was actually kinda nervous about participating in my first RC Pro event but my nerves were quickly put to bed. To me, the series has a comfortable atmosphere and all the organizers and people that took part have been great.

I just hope that RC Pro Canada as a whole can continue to build on the groundwork that has been established and be the premiere offroad race series in Canada for many years to come! My only fear is when there are director changes that the new guy will drop the ball and hurt the series' success. But I trust Nate has been carefully chosen and can continue the work that Joe's handed over and continue to build on the success that RC Pro has had this year.

Thanks again Joe, you did an awesome job!
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
RCC Pro Contributor

Thanks Joe ! Thanks Nate ! Looking forward to the 2012 race series !
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Thanks Joe for the time and effort you put in. The series matured a bunch this year and i am glad rcpro finally gave it a shot in 2011. I also look forward to the rcpro events in 2012 as they should be even bigger and more competitive being it is the only multi day series in the area.
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.