Remember your first RC? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Question Remember your first RC?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello Everyone!

We are brand new in this forum so first of all we would like to tell you a little bit about us: We are an Authorized Redcat Racing Dealer in Brampton, Ontario. We are proud of being a part of this exiting hobby and we can't wait to get to know more people that enjoys it as much as we do!

Thats why we can't wait to get to know everyone here a little bit better!

Today, we would like to ask
Remember your first RC?
Tell us about it! how long ago did you get it? Is that how you got hooked in this hobby?

Please feel free to share videos and pictures.

Looking forward to read your answers!
AmazingRC is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Radio Shack Red Arrow!!! BOOOOYAAAA!!!

This was my first "fast" RC and I would've been only about 10 or 11 at the time. I remember it had a Mabuchi 540RS silver can and a couple 1200mah Nicad's that I had to plug in overnight in order to get about 5 mins of runtime!!

BUT, it was a ton of fun........that is until I broke it
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

my first rc

my first rc was a tamiya boomerang 4wd buggy . it came with the mechanical speed control and stock brushed motor. for a radio i had the trusty tamtech stick radio .

i ended up putting in a trinity speedworks motor and a novak esc and what a difference .

after that i bought an associated rc10 with the gold chassis
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

My first RC was a radio shack special from the mid 80s a Lamborghini, and my first real RC was bought the first year Pinnacle Hobby opened up in 93 and I bought the original Stadium blitzer from them... Been a customer ever since..
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor

My first RC was a Traxxas Hawk and I bought it at Hobbyworld in Mississauga (Port Credit). The store is no longer around. I loved that 2wd stadium truck. I recently had a chance to get a basically brand new one that had only the body painted but the owner wanted too much for it. It would be great to get the first RC I ever had back.

Eventually when I got bored of the Hawk I traded it back to Hobbyworld and picked up a Nitro street. I think my younger brother still has his Nitro street but if I remember correctly it was pretty beat up.
Chris Capelo
TLR, Horizon Hobby, Spektrum, Nitrotec, Pinnacle Hobby, UpgradeRC
imported_C.Capelo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

I loved the hawks.. My first nitro was the "Nitro Hawk" first rc of its kind with a pull start... can't count the number of nights with bleeding fingers from respooling the pullstart
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
RCC Apprentice

In 1989 I got my Tamiya Blackfoot and replaced the mechanical sc for a Futaba mc210 esc and a 19turn stock motor along with an old Futaba 2 stick radio. My first nitro I got in 1994 and it was an Associated RC10GT original with an OS .12 and an upgrade to a 2 channel wheel radio. And after a thirteen year absence I got a Hot Bodies D8T and D8 with Reedy 121vr's and a new Spektrum DX3S and with all the new technology I had to relearn about everything except for tuning, thank God.
Hot BodiesD8Tw/Reedy 121vr/Reedy 2039 pipe
Hot Bodies D8 w/Reedy 121vr/OS 2050 pipe
Spektrum DX3S
Sportwerks Turmoil w/Reedy 121vr/Jammin jp-2 pipe
Airtronics M8/Spektrum module
Philip Webb
imported_madac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
RCC Contributor

I had a Tamiya Hornet with the machanical speed control when i was 14 years old given to me by my best friend Derek in high school i new from then i was hooked to RC then after had a galaxy and hook up two 7.2volt batterys in seires & let it launch now i see my son Mark doing the same thing i was doing 26 years ago
__________________ specializing in custom parts and sleeve resizing done right!
imported_yak54 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor

Tamiya Bear Hawk. It was fun until I split it half off a jump.
Associated RC8.2e /Associated B4 /Associated SC10/Losi 22/
energyracing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor

It all started when I saw my cousin's Tamiya Falcon bash around, then he showed me the track down in Colassanis (Kingsville). I was hookled and knew I had to have one.
Started when I was 12-13 with a Tamiya Madcap, then quickly bought a used RC10 gold tub and a used tamiya Boomerang. A new Traxxas Hawk stadium truck then found a way into my collection. I KNEW I WAS ADDICTED BY THIS POINT!! These things are awesome!!
Associated SC10
Durango DESC410R
Mugen ECO
imported_Sparkie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.