Traxxas XO stolen from Ideal Hobbies - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #31
imported_Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Traxxas XO stolen from Ideal Hobbies

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have posted the video on my Facebook page. I have a lot of family in Barrie and other parts of Ontario. I think they would have a lot of balls to be from Barrie and do this in their home town, but then again, they had to know they were stealing a car right in front of a video camera. Maybe more balls than common sense?
imported_Nitro Newf is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #32
RCC Contributor

took those bloody retards long enough to do it.the staff need to maybe be a little more more into greeting and identifying themselves and asking if people need assistance more frequently,ie: eye contact.hope they catch those fools and toss em in the hole to have someone play with their "hole".And who wears winter jackets this time of flags a poppin for the staff.Problem is even if cops can identify these tools they need proof that the car is in their residences to acquire a warrant to search and charge them, yay good ole justice sheesh...had a 900 dollar item go missing at my place and thats what i was told by local law lol.,
imported_kyle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #33
RCC Noob

I know it's over a month later, but did the police dust for prints on the shell? They both were handling it so maybe that's a way they could be identified.
imported_Dcdoode7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
RCC Noob

Hi guys, I've been in the Electronic security field for over 20 years now so I can lend some advice. Also been a customer of yours for over 10 years now so I'm none too impressed someone would target the only store for nearly 100km radius....we need you to stay in business!

Check back in your videos if you have time, thieves almost always case the place before committing the crime.

Even more stupid is that they sometimes even make a purchase to make things seem legit while casing the place... Even crazier we have had many of them use a Credit card or debit... Leaving a paper trail.

Also show the video to other hobby stores and amazingly enough, dental and medical offices. Receptionists at these places have incredible memories for people because that is all they do, especially dental offices. Sounds funny but if you have any friends in those fields, can't hurt to show em, you'd be surprised.

Hope these two get caught soon.
imported_thorvald is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #35
RCC Junior Contributor

Heard about this a few weeks ago, surprisingly enough, from my Wife...

We had just gotten home from Ideal Hobbies and she say's, "did you see that someone stole one of those new 100mph cars..?"

My reply being, "whaaa..?"

She said there is a picture of them or something posted in the Store but I had not noticed it, that's crazy.

I think it was just a matter of Luck (so far) for these 2 fools, the layout of Ideal is pretty good and you can see almost everything from the Counter (Upstairs Excluded) not only that but, as soon as you walk in there is a T.V. Screen showing you that you are on Camera....and on top of that it's not as if the "other" Camera's are hidden either they are in plain view (it is doubtful that they cased the store first).

I'm in the Store at least a few times a Month (I'm the guy that finally bought his Wife the Wii, lol), they are lucky I didn't catch them, I would have quietly walked to the front and locked the door and then let everyone in on the situation...

Hope you catch them, actually I'll even post it around my FB and the Canada Based Auto Forums I am on if you guy's don't mind me using the Video?
EST1982 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.