Radiopost Radios. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Jamie James
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jamie G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 3PKS
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 2
Radiopost Radios.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Is anyone using one around here? Most of what I have heard / read has been very good. I wouldn't mind checking one out in person.

This is the Radiopost TS401 2.4 GHz DSSS Radio system, with 2 x RP24RA5DX receiver. This unique system uses SDS(Signal Direct Sequence) that performs at a high signal transmission rate, increasing consistency and minimizing interference unlike other systems that hop channels.

The new TS401 radio is the most advanced 2.4 gHz radio system bringing you comfort and performance. The TS401 introduces the first ever swivel color screen and built in internal antennae combined with our own proprietary 2.4 Ghz Signal Direct Sequence (SDSTM) technology bringing a powerful direct signal to your car or boat. This technology enables the user to have direct control of their vehicle making every movement of the throttle and steering wheel more accurate than other radios. The 5.5ms frame rate balances both performance and consistency. No artificial accelerated programs are used.
We focused on ergonomics and the TS401 feels naturally balanced for those long mains. The weight is balanced 50/50 from top to bottom allowing your hands free from pressure points. Radiopost SDS systems use considerably less power so we are able to use a smaller battery reducing the overall weight of the radio. The control wheel can be switched from right-hand to left-hand usage with 4 screws. Our software was developed with the beginner and serious user in mind providing all the functions you need. Easy to navigate buttons and a color screen all provide a user experience not found in any other 2.4 GHz system.
Small and incredibly light weight Radiopost 5-Channel receivers deliver a high performance package that can be used for many applications. They use our Quick Sync (QSTM) technology and deliver high resolution data without diminishing speed and precision of our Transmitters.. Our receivers are durable and proven to work under various temperatures and conditions.

First Ever Color LCD Screen (6 color modes to choose from)
LCD Swivel
·Our LCD can swivel vertical or horizontal to expose the menu keys.
Internal Antenna
·High efficiency antenna provides excellent performance and no more antennas to break. Another first from Radiopost
Direct Sequence 2.4 gHz Technology.
·No more frequency hopping, a direct digital signal provides excellent feel and ultra fast response.
3 Selectable Modes of Transmit Speeds
·You have the option to increase or decrease the speed allowing the use of analog and digital servos
Easy to Use Interface
·No more searching through long complicated menus. The ability to scroll and find what you need when you need it is our goal.
Light Weight Performance
·Our transmitters were designed to have a balanced feel when operated. The radios efficiency allows you to use 5 dry cells or a Radiopost 6.6V LiFe (sold separately) making it one of the lightest and efficient transmitters in the market
Customizable Settings
·The steering and throttle trigger spring tension can be infinitely adjustable to customize the feel.
·The drop down can be angled to the users preference.
Drop Down Included
·We have included a drop down to enhance the comfort in those long mains. We optimized the wheel drop down for increased comfort and performance.
Easy Left Hand Adjustability
·We made the process of adjusting the drop down from right to left handed a breeze. Just 4 screws and the included wire is all you need. No more fishing the wires from one side to the other. No more dealing with extra parts and screws.
Model: TS401
Channel:4 Ch - 9 Ch Receivers can be used
Frequency: 2.4GHz Band SDS
Operating Voltage: 4.4V ~ 8.4V
Frame Rate Speed: 5.5ms, 10.5ms & 16.5ms
Screen Resolution: 240 x 400 (WQVGA)
Power Supply: 5 AA Alkaline Dry Cell DC 7.5V
Weight: 1.42 lbs / 646g (Without Battery)
Dimension (HxWxD): 9.05x7.08x5.5"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ts401C_a.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	173186  
Jamie James is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Radiopost Radios.

I think nick shwieger sp? has one.
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

I know Kevin Hebert is sponsord by them. He seems to like it.
Associated RC8.2e /Associated B4 /Associated SC10/Losi 22/
energyracing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

Andrew Smolnik uses one..
imported_Darrin70 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Jamie James
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jamie G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 3PKS
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 2

Cool. Thanks Guys.

I'll try tracking some of these guys down next time I see them at the track.
Jamie James is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
RCC Contributor

I've been looking at it for about a month now, as I'm definitely in the new radio market. Seems to be one of the best reviewed radios out there.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Up nick411 has it and he likes it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.