I want to know..... - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

View Poll Results: Do you like OffroadRC?
Yes, I like OffroadRC 23 63.89%
No, I don't like OffroadRC 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Jamie James
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jamie G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 3PKS
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 2
Re: I want to know.....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Ron_Prinzen View Post
lol...no offense Michael, but this could be a big can of worms...I'm going to make some popcorn
It doesn't have to be. Just some civil recommendations / opinions . constructive criticism.

Originally Posted by TracktionRC View Post
This is not RCRick.ca. This is OffroadRC.ca. This site is not about one person it is about all of us. Rick could have and should have closed the site from a business point of view, but he hasn't.

I'm looking forward to better days ahead.
Very true. I've said before. This site is what the members make it. Posts / threads don't start them selves.

Originally Posted by Harddkor View Post
I think there is way too much off topic conversations going on, I honestly just want to know about races and kits for sale and what not. Instead it's people fighting over bad deals or stuff that was said. Then I have to weed out all the "what did you eat tonight" crap or "tv shows" "should I get a mani pedi". 2 cents.....
Stay out of the off topic area then....lol

Originally Posted by TracktionRC View Post
I guess I've just been able to focus on the things that interest me. I don't care if someone wants to post what they ate for lunch. If there were more people posting about RC stuff it would get burried anyway.

But there are few people posting on OffroadRC and I know what happens to a forum when no one is talking.

This site is not about one person, its about all of us. BTW, I had pizza for lunch today.

Lol, that's the problem. The rc stuff is getting buried away buy stupid random crap lol. "ham and mashed potatoes"
Post up RC related topics. I have posted a couple threads to try to start some conversation going. Response has been so/so.

Anyways...... Racing tomorrow at universal baby!

...forgot to add that the whole no more tapatalk thing really sucks too.
Wish I was able to make it out.

Originally you asked for our answer in the poll and then asked why.
I still love the site, heck I'm getting free stickers in the mail :P
It's just that lately I guess there has been more negative than positive.
no matter what's said or done I'm still on this site daily.

Ps, I love you mike lol.
The members dictate the tone of the forum more than the Admin......

I have no doubt that this site can be just as good as it was back in the day or better.

Ultimately, it's us that can do that, and us alone.
Jamie James is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

Total Props: 0

i guess im the cut off member, #100.

this site used to be alot more busy but i dont know if it was because of the banning or some people just moved on and the new rc guys arent as social or care for forums.

i also i dont know why average joes got banned or what the deal was with the first owners either. i do remember the original owners splitting and opening some other forum which i forgot the name off. does that one still exist?
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
RCC Pro Contributor

There are too many "local R\C" forums..
The internet is suppose to be free,wide open and traumatizing from time to time.lol
I do believe it does need "moderating" but nothing wrong with posting links or info that helps the hobby grow.

This site has changed over the years..
I personally like to see the off topic replies, at least they are replying, too many lurkers..
D.O.R.C. on O.R.R.C http://www.offroadrc.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=152
canadiannascar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #24
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

there was an indifference of opinions by the owner and a member ... that said member decided on not following said rules and was subsequently banned... he then had his core group remove their accounts and the owner then banned their IP... which i think was very childish.... but all in all... they are rules to follow as in your own household...

when i moved here 3 years ago this forum was jumping.. with a few power hungry Mods... but it was fine... then someone bought it and started enforcing rules... then it went south.... waaaay south... to the point of Tracks suffering because of the no traffic on the site...

that being said if it was not for THIS forum.. i would not of Met Tefflawn.. TommyG.... TommyB... and i probably would not be offered to be part of Hardcore's team this Year... and you cannot replace that...

that being said...

the present Owner was/ is not the problem this site went south.. he is just the straw that broke the Camels back... rather heavy straw or a rather weak Camel... you decide..

there was allot of unnecessary flaming and negative subliminal messages to an individual or a track that was thrown on here by some of the older more seasoned racers here in S.O. It was very sad to see this for a small community.... so the present Owner became the scape goat to vent allot of frustrations... which as an owner he may not of handled correctly, the verdict is still out on that...

we all just need to follow the rules and Promote the heck out of RC racing (off road )
and just have fun guys.. the more people we get to know the better we can enjoy the experience....

my 2 cents i'm out
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #25
RCC Contributor

Smile Re: I want to know.....

that being said if it was not for THIS forum.. i would not of Met Tefflawn.. TommyG.... TommyB... and i probably would not be offered to be part of Hardcore's

my 2 cents i'm out[/QUOTE

I knew it ..... I knew you still loved me!
imported_Tomasb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #26
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

you got issues
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
RCC Noob
I am: Mark N
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 1

I may be a n00b to this forum but I'm far from one with forums in general. If it's the same Rick I think it is, he bought a few forums based out of the GTA years ago. One of them was owned by a friend of mine and I was running it until Rick made and offer and my friend and I decided it was time to get out. All forums were automotive related, and the same thing happened to all of them. they got filled with advertisements, new rules were enforced, regular users didn't agree with the changes, spoke out about it, tempers flared, members got banned, more users got mad, more got banned and it continued until all the users he didn't want got banned or just left or stuck around and obeyed the new rules. Rick was fine with it cuz that's how he cleaned it up. He bought the forum and added the advertisements because to him it's a business, this is how he chooses to run it and it's how the bills get paid. many people that left don't agree with how Rick runs things and have found other avenues or just severed ties with the forum.

I know I may have gotten here after everything has happened but I've seen it happen with the site I used to run. Users have told me that once the changes were made they didn't feel comfortable, most of the users they would speak to on the forums were gone and all these new people who really never contributed would come out of the woodwork because now they didn't fear possible hating, being flamed, etc when they posted.
IntegraMark is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #28
RCC Junior Contributor

When I come on I like to see what is happening in our hobby, set up tips for the local tracks and event dates. With the amount of sites in Ontario I find the message has been diluted.

I will always compare it to RC TECH and I find that there is much better technical material. (Some crap)

I would like to see some of the Pro Drivers and Team drivers offer up some advice and information on the product and set-up.

Maybe an option is to combine forums to build on the existing base. Just a thought.

I would also like to point out that some of the new threads being started by Rick are forced and that is why they are not popular, itís not a natural communication by an active member that people can relate to. We know who Mike is we race with him, if Mike where to comment on tonightís walking dead then we can relate as we are friends. All I know of RCRICK is that he bought the forum and has had some conflicts he is faceless and therefore how do you communicate with someone you donít know? (Iím Not judging what happened with other members right or wrong)

I find the forum cold and a little unfriendly, and for that reason I will not be ordering the stickers to put on my cars. I will keep an eye on what is going and I hope that we will see some progress in the future.

Best of luck, I know it cant be easy.
Associated RC8.2e /Associated B4 /Associated SC10/Losi 22/http://energyracing.tripod.com
energyracing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #29
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Like Andrew said, I don't want to get banned.....so I'll just say I liked it better the way it was before it changed hands. * zips mouth shut and throws away the key*
Nicholas Schweiger

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #30
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Mike R.

I think this forum has a lot of potential which has been proved with its success in the past. However, like everyone else, I have definitely noticed a decrease in traffic on this site.

I started coming on the site to get track updates and information pertaining to practices and races. Now, it seems there is only track information for a few of the local tracks. Now, from what I understand, a few years ago tracks began to pay a fee to advertise on the site. I also understand that to run this site it takes money. However, at the same time, I feel like in the long run it ruined the site as there was no longer information people were looking for.

I also used to use the site to ask technical questions and provide advice to others. This site was always a great way to get information and to hear from the local racers. In the past months, it seems that any thread that does not contain bs does not succeed and gets ignored. I strongly feel that the drama on the site is the only thing that keeps people coming back. There is no longer any useful threads except for the for sale section and lets face it, everyone is curious about what drama they may come across every time they login.

At one time this was a great site, full of useful information that everyone could learn from. I was an active member but it quickly seemed as though the threads I participated in died out quickly each and every time so i stopped posting all together. I no longer feel like it is a site worth visiting. The only reason I visit is to look at the for sale section, if it wasnt for that, i would never visit. Now, sometimes I login for other reasons. Around lunch time when I don't know what to have I login to see what RC Rick served up that day. Usually he posts about bacon, and I love bacon so I keep coming back for more of his helpful lunch time ideas. Sadly, i got sick of having to login to figure out what was for lunch that day so I started eating whatever the * I wanted.

Long story short, the site is going in the gutter, we all know it. I think trying to improve it at this point is silly. If it were up to me, I would close the site and focus all of my efforts on London R/C as half the threads people makes are duplicated between the two sites anyways. In my mind, having only the one site will greatly improve the quality and quantity of threads and posts.
hyper7boy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.