RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 11-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Miguel P
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
iOS Race Timer on App Store

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I create an app for iPhone,/iPad called RC Race Timer. As the name suggests this app acts as a timer which you can use to time from either RC car races to karting heats and compare the final results.

It records laps and calculates final race stats. It works on two modes:

Chronograph mode - it's under your control to time up to 4 racers at a time by timing each of the races.

Accelerometer single player mode - My suggestion of use is to place the phone in your pocket and set the sensitivity to 1 or 2. Then when the car crosses the finish line use a sudden hip move to count the lap. You can also place the phone on a card board on the start of the course. This way it's more precise as it's the car crossing that activates the lap counter (Be sure to protect the device from damage). This requires setting a greater sensitivity (3-5).
Lap number and time information is heard on lap count (internet connection needed for speech functionality)

It is possible to personalize the car/driver and track image from camera shots in race prefs. After the heat you can manage races, compare results and see who's the fastest lap.

It provides a compare mode with two options(up to 4 racers). In the first it is possible to graphically determine the race winner. The 'lap position' compare chart offer the evolution for lap position along the race. Touch a point on the chart to see the lap time. Pinch to zoom to get more detail.

It is available on the app store here:

I have 20 App Store promo codes to give away so you can keep it as yours for free. Please contact by email and I will issue the promo code for you while they last.

I also continue to support the android version which now has more than 1500 downloads on Google Play. It can be found here:\
feuggin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.