General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jose
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: Stolen models

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It may be better not to post where we will be on the look out for these planes as the "dirty bastards" may be looking on these forums to unload them and will know where not to take the planes, lets all be on the look out but silently, this gives us more of a chance to spot these planes and take them bastards DOWN... (Photos will help!! Post on RCgroups too!!)

I wish the best for John and hope his spirits rise once again...
uzig718 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: jeff
Radio of choice:
Taranis plus FrSky
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 10

Well as much as I hate to be a realist.. but the thieves very likely knew what they where looking for and all ready had a place to get rid of them.. I would suspect that the planes have likely gone to someone who is flying on a private field and or they are being parted out and stripped and recovered.. if they are smart enough to get rid of any kind of custom work that would be identafieable,, it would be pretty tough to prove anything.. it is a sad state when it basically comes down to the point where we need to have ownerships for our toys now.. so that if we want to buy or sell we have to prove ownership and or a history.. For me I like to buy up old air planes and fix them up to fly again,, for me it is alot of fun.. I have an old aircraft that I recently purchased and it needs some work.. and in most cases if I can I leave as much of the covering intact.. now can you imagine if I show up at a field with it and some one said , hey that was mine that got stolen.. It could have passed through several hands legitamatly since the person who had stole it.. so what happens now.. you keep it or give it back.. It makes it hard for me to think of what I would say.. and then how could I trust the next person that I wanted to buy from... With the exception of engraving a serial number into a plane and passing along a paper with a history of everyone who had owned it..

Anyway this is just my opion for what ever it is worth..

But hey Bill .. here is a thought.. I can truely understand the sentiment you have for your friend.. What you could do is accept the donations that the members have offered to help him.. and then take the aircraft to John and tell him.. " Here is the plane you gave me 38 years ago with interest "

just a suggestion ,, but if he would rather have something he can build.. I have a real nice great planes skybolt kit down stairs still new in the box..

regards jeff
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scratch Builder Sam
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 13

I just tried to call to make him feel better but answering machine stopped before I could leave my number for him to call me, hopefully he has caller ID and can call back. I can feel John's pain and anguish abou losing his models, I know I would be pissed and devastated if it happened to me. Bill, i have few servos and extension wiring that i can donate to him.
I don't think posting on RCG will help much as it's mostly US modeler's site, here I doubt we will see them as I'm sure thief knows about this site n prolly knows he will get caught right away but if we can keep eye on Kijiji and Craig's list, there they may show up. Description is one thing but pictures of lost models would be great, so this way we all can keep visuals out for them....
Struts1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

Thanks guy's but John does not have any photos. He also asked me to thank everyone for thier kind offers but he just cannot accept.
I think he's going to drop out for awhile but he is coming to my indoor venue Friday night so maybe that will change his mind.
We are still on the lookout, you never know.

''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
RCC Noob
I am: D T
# of RCs: 1

Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
...When I was 12 I was out flying CL in a field beside my house. An old Norton 750 stopped along the road and a long haired dude got off the bike and walked over to shoot the breeze with me and my younger brothers.

The guy eventually went on his way and two weeks later I came home from school and my mother presented me with a box of old control line stuff and a little black plane. She said that guy on the bike dropped it off. It was John and I never seen him again until just a couple of years ago. I'm 50 now. lol...
How cool is that experience! Actions speak louder than gum flapping. My heart goes out to him...And I really like old bikes!
TorontoBoy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
Pitts Samson
RCC Apprentice
I am: Wm H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
Thanks guy's but John does not have any photos. He also asked me to thank everyone for thier kind offers but he just cannot accept.
I think he's going to drop out for awhile but he is coming to my indoor venue Friday night so maybe that will change his mind.
We are still on the lookout, you never know.

If John went to the Dutchman's St. Jacob field or where ever other people like me take pictures of models. Not ARFs but if he built them them some shutterbug modeller like myself may have pictures of his models if we knew where and when. The metatags on the pictures have the dates and so on.

This unfortunate incident has given me an idea as to how to decorate my models. One's drivers licence has three 5 digit grouplngs that would be great when used in any of the three groups.

Maybe someone has a video surveillance system that is not in use at a price he could afford as a visible deterant.

I hope John doesn't let the bastards win by giving up his hobby. I have been hit twice by drunk drivers and lost more than I can bear to think of. I still drive. I understand his pride. Many more people care than have posted here.

Best, Bill
Sine labour nihil.
Pitts Samson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.