vintage model flyers wanted - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nostalgia - Old Timer Aircraft Everything about the good old days of RC!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62
vintage model flyers wanted

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If there is anyone out there wishing to persue this part of the hobby please feel free to get intouch with me or maybe come out and try one on.

A ton of fun without breaking the bank and hundreds of designs to choose from anywhere from 10ft span down to 2ft.
They always come home in one piece as well as long as you can get it back on the ground.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flying field 2.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	179468  
''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
Mark Winstanley
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mark W

Total Props: 1
Re: vintage model flyers wanted

Just as soon as I get back to Canada (May/June).

Mark Winstanley is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 58

Love to join you but it's a long way...

Maybe there would be enough interest at this end of this vast country to have one out here too?
Hang time does not apply to ceiling fans, light fixtures, overhead door tracks or basketball nets!
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
J.R.9Chan. 2.4 Gig
# of RCs: 15P

Total Props: 0

Hi Bill, read your invite message old timers .
I am definitely with you on this one. Have a few already to go
I am hoping to get a couple more ready to go over the winter
months,health permitting.
I have two Cloud kings,a Red Zepher, Power House, Hornet,and
a couple of others hoping to complete.
I have switched completely over to 4 Strokes, converted to ,
Electronic ignition, and Diesel engines, to power them.
I have a couple of older 4 strokes with open rockers as well,
one in the Power House, not bragging, but lots of fun to fly.
Happy Christmas to everyone.

Denmac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bill H

I was introduced to the hobby in the 60's with magazines from the 20's on up, given by family and family friends. While the planes have changed, the ingrained images of polyhedral and gull wing aircraft weigh heavily in the forefront of my mind while I try to satisfy my craving building models other than those I was weaned on. It doesn't work. I am building a couple 72 inch Yesteryear Playboys for electric and a Ben Buckle true Playboy. The one model that haunts me and must be exorcised is the "Mystery Man" in it's original scheme with it's belly wheel. I do have an original "Buzzard Bombshell" ready to fly. Texaco models have a strong appeal and harken back. There is a 20% enlarged Baby Buzzard Bombshell in kit form that I use for a mouse pad presently in a corner of the basement as my house is being renovated. I always wanted a Model Builder subject the "West'ner" a 57 inch version for Half A. Not available, I drew one to full size. Attached. These West'ners did come up to 12 foot. A beautiful model I called my drawing the "Pretty One". Never thought it would ever leave the house so the title block is folly.

At 55 I might have left all this behind and got on the ARF wagon. No room thank goodness. Now there is room for models though. A beauty new trailer for the van.

Having models of a bygone era impressed upon me when was 5 when kyped my first glow engine, an .049 OK Cub off my fathers bureau. At 6 the world was going to end unless I was provided with the balsa needed to copy a model of a Harvard that was built by my uncle for my father used an instructional aid in the RCAF. I used the remainder to model a sailboat built by the uncle as well. It sits beside me now some 60 years old.

I can understand from my experience why OT's are not for everbody. I know also why they are so important. They remain that initial dream of model flight forever, satisfied or not.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	179997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	180000  
My Dog lived to be walked.
ModelBuilder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: John C- MAAC 5526
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 9

Bill, do you mean old vintage guys?
johnav8r is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.