Alpha 830 Dragon Motor Testing - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: DerekS
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
Alpha 830 Dragon Motor Testing

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
These past two days on Wednesday December 26th and Thursday December 27th, 2012 we travelled down to AMS Raceway in Michigan U.S.A to test out the New Alpha 830 Dragon Motor on my Nitro Buggy (Mugen MBX6R U.S.A Edition) I got to test it on Thursday because Wednesday was a 1/10th Scale Race and I got to try my 4WD Buggy on a Clay track for the first time because I never raced a 1/10th scale on anything else but carpet it was a lot of fun and I liked it a whole lot better and found it easier to stay consistent. Anyway on Thursday when I tried the motor I found to power was a lot more progressive and linear then the past Alpha Motors including the 852 and 872 models. The bottom end was nice and the top end was good but however because it is a 3 port it didn't have as much top end as the 852 or 872. Although for me it was perfect for an indoor track and I plan to be using it for the upcoming season in 2013 for my Nitro Buggy. For a track like the Nitro Challenge in Pheonix, Arizona I probably won't use do to it being such a big and high speed track I will probably use the 852 model for good bottom end and just enough top end which was the motor I used last season for my Nitro Buggy. If you have anymore questions on the Alpha 830 Dragon Motor please contact me (Derek, 2QK4U) or my Dad (Tony, tonyedge540).
Derek Sousa
1/8th Scale Nitro Offroad: Mugen Seiki, 1/10th Scale Electric Offroad: Team Durango
Mugen Seiki, Team Hardcore R/C, VP Power Masters Fuel, AKA, Alpha and Savox Factory Driver, HRP
2QK4U is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Jamie James
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jamie G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 3PKS
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 2
Re: Alpha 830 Dragon Motor Testing

How would it do at Hardcore?

Sounds to me lime it would do well on a track Hardcores size.
Jamie James is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Tony S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 0
Re: Alpha 830 Dragon Motor Testing

Originally Posted by Jamie James View Post
How would it do at Hardcore?

Sounds to me lime it would do well on a track Hardcores size.
Derek ran 11 min hard on a tank with temps at 212F but it was cold there im thinking when the motor has more fuel though it we should get maybe a extra min out of a tank motor has one gallon on it and still pretty tight pinch. yes we are going to run it at Hardcore this comming new year
we were running the new Alpha dragon black pipe very linear throttle through out the power range
Flying Field: my Backyard
42% DPM Edge540 DA 150cc
38% Ron Chapman yak54 last one left in the world with QS 150 for Power
tonyedge540 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.