Trex 450 pro custom frame - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Josh N
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Trex 450 pro custom frame

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So I have been thinking about buying an HK 450 pro and making some custom frames just for fun. I want to try mounting the battery underneath the main shaft like in the 600 and Fusion 50, because it seems like there is a some unused space there. This means I have to flip the motor right side up and move the two front servos forward.
I was wondering if anybody has experience with bottom-mounted batteries in a 450 size heli and how to balance out the CG.
vansrnotshoes is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Re: Trex 450 pro custom frame

You could do that but your battery still has to be ahead of the main shaft for your CG to work out. You could make it work with less engineering by lowering the bottom plate and tipping the battery up at the front, that way you could leave the motor and servos alone. It can be quite an undertaking because nothing ever goes completely as planned. Check out my 450 size Europcopter thread I'm making my own airframe for that one and each step has to be thought out from every angle.
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.