Naza-M/GPS and Question on New ESC - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2
Naza-M/GPS and Question on New ESC

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
First off would like to make a note for all those people like me,(not the brightest blub on the
Chandelier)that for several test flights of both my multi's with the Naza. Never had it lock on so that I would have a flashing green or even one flashing yellow and one green. I always got three yellow flashes and one green meaning it had only locked on couple of sat's. Ok I put that down to being around buildings, near a power box ect ect. Tell I was reading a fourm and in that link someone was complaining about it taking way to long to lock on 7 sat's. The light got a little brighter for me, I was not giving it enough time to do what ever it does, today took it out, set it down in same place, plugged in the battery and left it along. In 1 minute and 35 seconds, got the one flashing green light. Have to say I just slowly fly around, nothing fancy, and just love the Naza system. Now of course I am sure everyone already knows this,,,,,

The question I have is about the Hobbywing ESC listed below, I have the older Platinum ESC's in my two 450 and the 500 heli's and they have never missed a beat. So they talk about this ESC being able to plug it into a USB port, does that mean it might be flashable?

HOBBYWING Platinum-30A-Pro 2-6S ESC OPTO for Multicopter Quadcopter Multirotor

Profit Technology latest multi-rotor aircraft designed for multi-rotor aircraft research and design, a number of optimization.
-Use a high-performance processor, has excellent compatibility and high motor drive efficiency. The maximum speed of the motor can reach 210000 RPM (2-pole motor), 70000 RPM (6 poles motor), 35000 RPM (12 poles motor).
-Ordinary start / soft start / super soft and start" the three startup mode, compatible with fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
-You can set the throttle, compatible with all commercially available remote control. Possess a smooth, delicate the governor feel, class speed linear and extremely fast throttle response speed.
-Microprocessor uses separate voltage regulator IC, with better anti-interference ability, greatly reducing the possibility of out-of-control.
-With input voltage abnormal protection / battery low voltage protection / over-temperature protection / throttle signal lost protection "multiple protection features, effectively extending the life of the ESC.
-Built-in BEC output voltage between 5.25V and 6V through software switch.
-Support for fixed speed function.
-Can be used with a variety of programmed card (Note: Optional) Use the programming card has a simple and intuitive interface, easy to you anywhere modify the various programming parameters (see set card manual).
-Through the USB interface the programmed card on the the ESC software upgrade, allows you to enjoy the latest ESC permanently.
-Full use of authentic materials to ensure that products with first-class quality and stable performance.
-Have complete independent intellectual property rights, sustainable updates.

HOBBYWING Platinum-30A-Pro 2-6S Electric Speed Controller (ESC) OPTO - Specially for Multi-rotor
Output: Continuous 30A, burst 45A up to 10 seconds.
Input Voltage: 2-6 cells lithium battery or 5-18 cells NiMH battery.
Size: 56.5mm (L) * 25.6mm (W) * 8mm (H).
Weight: 31.6g.
Located in Sunny BC
JamesBC is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.