|01-23-2013, 09:25 PM||#1|
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Terrence Allen
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North York, Ontario
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 24
Feedback: 1 / 100%
Total Props: 0
‘Dassault Alpha Fighter’ 90mm EDF Jet
Model Number: N/A
Power Plant: Electric
New or Used: Item is new, unused
Trades: No trades.
Asking Price: $325.00
Accepted forms of payment: EMT, Cash, Cheque, Money Order
Shipping : I will ship at buyers expense.
My Location: Toronto, Ontario, M3M2V7
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
• Link available at… ‘http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ug_n_Fly.html’ (This link is for the ‘Plug-n-Play’ version whereas this model was purchased in the ‘ARF’ configuration…seemingly now discontinued)
• EPO foam model was painted with a water-soluble sealant for protection and presents as a semi-gloss appearance
• A combination of six metal and two nylon-gear 9 gram servos are installed. Additionally, the speed controller was installed on the flap channel enabling these servos to extend and retract the surfaces at scale speed
• A heavy duty avionics switch is installed (with ‘ON’ LED indicator) switching a pair of 1100MaH LiFE receiver batteries wired in parallel
• 125 Amp ESC is installed in the EDF intake airflow to facilitate cooling
• As one of the picture reveals, a custom-fabricated strip of red LED’s is installed immediately aft of the EDF unit along with an R/C switch on an auxiliary channel which is (transmitter) mixed with the throttle channel to present the illusion of heat exhaust at high throttle settings
• This model is also fitted with (and priced to include) a Futaba ‘FASST’- compatible eight channel receiver although it could be easily removed should the purchaser plan on fitting another and would have the effect of reducing the overall item sell price by $20.
• Access to the on-board battery is through the removable canopy with convenient spring latch
• The ‘shoulder-mounted’ wings facilitated by relatively low wing loading will contribute to flight stability…even at slower speeds
• The (non-removable) wing is reinforced with twin carbon fibre rods
• For structural reasons, the ‘mains’ landing gear was replaced with 5/32” piano wire struts and Kraft (internal-wheel-collar-mounted) rubber wheels…nose wheel assembly remains as original
• All control surface horns were upgraded to aluminum units
RCC Classified Quick Rules
- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.
|n/a , unknown|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|***FMS Alpha Jet EDF 70mm receiver ready***||Midnight Flyer||FS - Airplanes||5||08-19-2011 04:01 PM|
|90mm EDF Jet pilot source||4stripes||Electric Jets||2||09-02-2010 06:16 AM|
|GWS J-10 EDF Jet Fighter NIB||Jagzilla||FS - Airplanes||4||10-23-2009 08:06 PM|
|Starmax/Exceed F-18 90MM EDF Jet *Airframe*||Pepperpete||FS - Airplanes||2||01-29-2009 02:29 PM|
|Want almost instant EDF Gratification, build an Alpha JET!||NorseHammer||Electric Jets||18||05-20-2006 07:40 PM|