General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: John H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 7
Question No Response From Sig

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Been a lifelong lover of Sig kits (built 18 or so Kougars, Kobras, King Kobras, Kavaliers, Wonders, Astro Hogs, etc). Anyway, I started another Kougar last Sunday (in fact it's almost ready to cover!) and I find the hardware packages supplied lately are of very poor quality. The bolts/ blind nuts strip when tightened and the clevises are the cheap plastic ones that you find in the cheap ARF's. While the wood is still top notch I have to throw all the junk out and replace it with Dubro. I emailed them five days ago and have still not gotten a reply. No response says a lot about a company IMHO.
pianodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice
I am: Bru D
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: No Response From Sig

If you sent it to the general mailbox, then that could be a problem. However managing the incoming mail traffic can easily route the note elsewhere.

My suggestion would be to do a bit of reaearch and see if there's an online directory of the departments. Quality Control and President are two candidates.

Next step would be to call the company and to ask for the departments and ask them for their departmental mailbox or the name of a specific person to receive your e-mail. Smae with the President's mailbox -- generic mailbox or that of his secretary (administrative assistant is the proper modern phrase to use).

Above all else, be soft-spoken and diplomatic and state that you have built over X SIG kits over the lst Y years, and you have concerns over the quality of the kits now coming out with their name on it.

If they're serious about quality (as when Maxie and Hazel ran the business), you will get someone's name and e-mail address or phone number. If not, quietly vote with your wallet....
DarthAnal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Phone, then you know someone gets your message.
Funny that their web support email is New Zealand

SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 520
401-7 South Front Street
Montezuma, IA 50171-0520

SIG Business Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (weekdays)

Phone: +1 641-623-5154
USA Modeler's Hot Line (For tech support): 641-623-0215
Fax: 641-623-3922
E-mail for Order and Product Queries:
USA Toll Free Orders: 800-247-5008
Web Site Queries and Comments:
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: Bru D
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Let's put it this way, Moo.... people go where the price is cheap and quality reasonable.

Case in point is the story behind She's proved that she can be a successful on-line consultant capable of working from anywhere in the world, albeit the response times to e-mails might be off (figure next business day).

Could be the same story for the web-master.
DarthAnal is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.