Blade 450 3D comments,concerns,sugestions - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 02-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Derick
Radio of choice:
Frsky Taranis/Tactic TTX850
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Re: Blade 450 3D comments,concerns,sugestions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
How about something in the middle
A blade 130X possibly?
Lighter than a 450 so less crash damage but a litter better than MCPX for outdoors?
Boatcrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #12
RCC Noob
I am: Whitney S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Besides the first response, what negative comments? My own were based on a comparison of the mcpx and any 450, not specifically the B450. As for the comments in general... well, each have their own opinion, yours are positive the others may be negative, some may be neutral... all get their say.
I couldn't agree with you more about the mCPx. I've owned one for about 2 years and I'm at the point now where it is un-flyable due to chattering servos which I've torn apart and cleaned a few times with only moderate results.

Right now I don't think there are many helicopters which can beat the value of the B450. There are a few well-documented trouble spots but I can't think of many helicopters which don't. The best part of the B450 is the fact that for the most part a crash generally won't cost more than $50 and almost all the parts can be bought at the LHS.

Boatcrazy: I have never flown or owned the 130X but I have been tempted because I liked the size of my 120SR. I have steered clear of it because of my experience with the mCPx's servos. I wouldn't even consider anything smaller than the 300x. The 300x is $300 but you get real servos and the AR7200BX. I just couldn't pass up a 450 sized heli for $150. You can't even build an Align clone for that.

This review also sold me on the B450:
triver525 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14

The only real issue is the servo's don't hold up!! If you do a loop quickly the elevator servo will skip a tooth giving you less up control, on your second loop you won't have enough throw to complete the loop, this will destroy the helicopter, been there done that ,owned three of them and I know what I am talking about. So if you buy one GET real metal gear servo's and fly the heck out of it.
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jerry Y

Originally Posted by Boatcrazy View Post
How about something in the middle
A blade 130X possibly?
Lighter than a 450 so less crash damage but a litter better than MCPX for outdoors?
Hi just to let you know that I just picked up a 450 3D during weekend as they're back in stock. I have a lot of small helis including MCX2, MSR, MSRX and Nano CPX. Also I flied a SR and a 250. Trust me there is some reason the 450 size is so popular and many suggest it's the best beginner heli.

The B450 is amazingly stable comparing to my SR and 250. My MSRx and NCPX are also pretty stable since they're FBL. But they're always drifting. The B450 is a different type of stable. You can feel that it's big.

Let me put it this way. To hover a NCPX, you can hover it by making corrections every few seconds. Of course it can be pined at a certain position if you're good. But it is twitchy if you want to do something more. it drifts away very quickly. However, the B450 needs a lot of tiny corrections to maintain a stable hover. However, it stays where you want it to stay and goes where you want it to go.

For learning CP helis, it's hard to say which is better, the B450 or the MCPX. But there are certain much more to consider, like do you fly them indoor or outdoor, what do you want to achieve. Though not as good as Align, I just want to say that for $150 the Blade 450 3D is almost a steal. I"m sure they sold those a lot for $300 before the promotions.
acb_ye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
Daryl M
RCC Noob
I am: Daryl M

Total Props: 2

I'm just moving up from fixed pitch myself (Blade mSR & 120SR) and bought two 450 3Ds. For the price, why not? I'm hovering mine fine indoors. I did make a hard landing which resulted in $50 worth of repairs (boom strike!)... but the LHS had all the necessary repair parts. IMO, that's a big plus. I'm not for a second claiming Blade helis are superior or anything, but there is a lot to be said for them being reasonably beginner friendly and easy/cheap to repair. 25 cents.
Spending my daughters inheritance one plane at a time.
Daryl M is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
RCC Noob
I am: Kevin S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Wow i love my blade 450 3d i am starting out self learning pilot great heli to be down tuned for learning
Shortmonster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Keith Z
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20

Im definately in agreement with Waylander, the blade 450 would be a costly learning adventure!

A blade mcpx or a nano would be the way i would go about this hobby if I where to do it all over again!

The blade 130x is a nice little heli but no where near as durable and its also a nitemare to work on!

Working on small heli's is not easy!

Best bet is a quality simulator a small micro heli and many many hours of practice!

Once you have trained the mind and hands and built up the muscle memory it would then
be time to invest in a quality 500 size heli!

cheers Keith
Team RCA Pilot, Team OMG RC USA Assistant Manager.
heli-insane is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #18
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Total Props: 6

I have been down the learning route with the 400/450 and I do find that the mCPX is a very good way, plus the sim, to learn flying model helicopters. I have two 400/450's that have not been flown in more than a year and are collecting dust as I now prefer to fly much larger scale helicopters. Truth be told, it was a Blade CP Pro 2 that I installed in a scale body that finally taught me nose-in flying, not the usual suspects, lol. The sim is the easiest training system out there, and the better the sim, the better the results. One thing is very true, if you go big (550 to 600 size), the stability they offer cannot be easily matched by a smaller model and you will have more outdoor flying with larger models than smaller ones. Anyone looking for a couple of 450 size helicopters???

Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.