Trex 550 heavy tail issue - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Joel D

Total Props: 7
Re: Trex 550 heavy tail issue

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It was bad enough that the V1 and V2 Align 550s are slightly tail heavy by design...they even made it worse with this newest 550DFC version! From the stock 550 length boom, tube, support and pitch slider - they slapped in 600 sized parts! Why? because some people want them stretched so that they can use 550 or lightly longer blade without touching the tail blades. Did they supply the newest kit with 550mm blades at the same time? Nope! 520s! Duh, what is the point?

They now call this new T-Rex 550 DFC kit the new T-Rex 600 ESP, lol.
4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Francois Girard
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0

I checked with canopy on, of course. My esc have a ubec (YEP esc) so, I don't need another battery for electronics. If I would put a second battery, it would balance perfectly. My ubec is 6A so, it's enough.
fantasiiio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Joel D

Total Props: 7

To take out extra rear weight, you can remove the horizontal fin if you like. You can then buy the helioption aluminum canopy clip to add a little weight to the front. I recommend getting that clip, it makes securing and removing the bottom canopy part easier.
4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Total Props: 6

If your balance is not where it should be, stop complaining about it and add the weight it needs. What is the big deal about it. I have to add weight to a scale helicopter to make it balance. If I didn't, it would fly like a box car. If you need to add the equal weight of a 2500mAH pack, make use of it and then put in the BEC. You say that 6 amps is enough but it can be marginal if you start to fly hard 3D so a 10+A BEC would be a good way to add the weight with the battery to get your balance where it should be. There are different weights for the exact same spec battery from each manufacturer. A 30C battery will, on average, weigh less than a 65C battery from the same company. It can be a number of ounces, not just one, in difference so changing batteries can also make up the weight. Add weight inside the canopy tip and you will need to add less than adding it to the chassis. I have done that with every T-Rex 450 Pro I have built and I didn't rant on a forum about it. It's part of building and tuning model helicopters and if you don't want to sort it out, go to the big meets and buy one ready to go off of one of the top flyers. Get it to balance then go fly it and enjoy it.

Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

heavy , tail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.