MAAC Resolutions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13
MAAC Resolutions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I got bored one day and actually read the MAAC Magazine. In the section on resolutions go to page 19 Committees, #5 deals with the noise of your engine and #7 deals with charging LIPO batteries indoors. I suspect if you or your aircraft does not pass the safety regulations that the insurance will be null and void. I suggest you contact your zone director and ask him how he is going to vote.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: K.Kalynuk

Total Props: 14
Re: MAAC Resolutions

I normally find there are usually two types of r/c pilots.

a) those that just want to hang out and fly our toy airplanes with a smile on our face and joy in our hearts, hoping for a sunny day and light winds!

b) the large and in charge type - control, regulate, sue, license, the "I need to prove something with my toy airplane" type.

In MAAC in seems that a minority of members fall into the b group and feel the need to offer more regulations that dealing with an issue on a local level.

Some issues need a "national MAAC" ruling - such as full scale airshow flying after the r/c Arrow pranged the full scale Harvard at an airshow.

Our current MB NW zone rep is a fine aeromodeller, who I trust completely to vote in the best interest of all aeromodellers.
cheers - kk
I never flew the CF-100 but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express! I'm on Facebook as KPK Warbirds.

Last edited by cf100; 03-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1

Why is it we seem to need more rules every single year? Not just safety rules. Everything that works just fine needs to be changed for some reason. Is that what makes people feel important?
Jason Holdaway

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Good Grief

Total Props: 0

I noticed that too Jason. Not many resolutions about actual RC flying!
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Level 1 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: ED E
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 12

those in control need to control
machzx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Good Grief

I wonder if the boo-boo on the proxy form will have a bearing on the AGM?
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
RCC Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 14

>I suggest you contact your zone director and ask him how he is going to vote.

More to the point .. advise him how you wish him to vote for primarily he would support the wishes of his Zone Members. In the absence of such guidance he will vote for what he feels is to the benefit of them

The ZD of South Eastern called a Special Zone Meeting just for that purpose - to discuss all resolutions and recommendations and be advised by the membership on which to approve or deny
Applehoney is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #8
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Dave H
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4
# of RCs: 10

The Zone Director in our zone is also hosting a meeting and invited all Zone Club Presidents to go though all the Proposals and Recommendations , with enough notice so that we may survey the members in our clubs and bring the views of the Grassroots , that he may support the majority view on whether to approve or deny, and this has been the practice since he became our Zone Director.

These Proposals and Recommendations come from the Zone meeting and the various committee's , so if you see erroneous or ridicules items on the list ,check and see which zone they derive from ... if it's your own , it might be a calling to get involved enough to attend and participate in those Zone meeting and make sure the views of the majority of flyers are represented...
Hammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Keith Morison

Total Props: 11

Another thing to remember about the resolutions and recommendations is that many times they come out of the zone meetings with no chance of ever being adopted. It is a member's right to propose resolutions and many are passed at the AZM level out of support for that member. Recommendations only need to be made by a member to be carried forward.
If the association only brought forward recommendations and resolutions that it felt were 'good' that would be a bigger injustice to the system than bringing forward resolutions that could never be passed.
Keith Morison
MAAC 24909L
Morison Communications - Publishers of Model Aviation Canada
Morison is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
RCC Apprentice
I am: Gary Droppo

Total Props: 1

I normally avoid posting in here, due to the overwhelming negativity that predominates. But, I must express my support and that of the 100 or so Members of my Club for our Zone Director, Claude Melbourne.

As another person has commented, Claude has a Club Presidents Meeting scheduled (this weekend), so that he can go to the MAAC AGM with the best possible feedback regarding items at hand. This is not a one-time effort; Claude does this every year. In my Club, as in others within our Zone, this is not a "Presidential" event; sometimes, by choice or necessity, someone other than the Club President is asked to attend on our behalf. The discussions at these sessions are lively, informative and it is a very valuable exercise. We know that we have a ZD that will understand our concerns and opinions and represent us well.

Claude is a superb ZD, as everyone in his Zone knows. He strives to visit each club in this very large Zone, he attends and supports clubs' major events whenever possible. He has always been available to promptly answer questions in person or via email, from anyone. He initiated and been a major driving force behind our incredible annual Zone Fun Fly for many years now. Our Zone's AZM is always well-attended, well-organized and interesting.

Somehow, Claude still manages a business and a family, along with the incredible amount of work involved with his MAAC duties. What he does best, in my opinion is to LISTEN! (And, I don't mean just to his extremely patient and supportive Missus!)

I just think that it is time that Members who have well-founded, positive feelings regarding those who are working on our behalf come forward and show these folks that we appreciate their efforts and accomplishments. Try to Encourage, Help and THANK them.
deerslayer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.