General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 03-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: John H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 7
Re: Hobby Shops

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Supporting your LHS keeps real, live Canadians (like me!!) employed and contributing to the local enonomy. Never bought anything offshore, never will and damn proud of it...John.
pianodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Brian T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 2+

Total Props: 10

My LHS is only six minutes from home depending on the three traffic lights i encounter once I am out of the Orchards and Horse training facilities on route. Since getting back into this hobby in 2007 and now through him possessing three large scale gassers and five large four strokers I purchase exclusively with My Buddy Lester. He is well stocked for My needs and what he doesn't have in stock He orders for me and is usually three to ten day delivery.

Brian T.
It's All About Ballance
Rellic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Richard N
Radio of choice:
Graupner MC20(2) & MX12 & MZ-18 & MZ-24
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 11
Thumbs up Re: Hobby Shops

Originally Posted by pianodude View Post
Supporting your LHS keeps real, live Canadians (like me!!) employed and contributing to the local enonomy. Never bought anything offshore, never will and damn proud of it...John.

I could not agree more!

MAAC 7965L

Tibet, Nepal, Taiwan, The Whole South China Sea, North Korea, Melamine, Gutter Oil, Free Speech, Tienanmen Square, Blocking of the Net, Religion, Copy write, Patents, Ivory, Shark Fins, Rhino Horns, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by cloudniner; 03-17-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Don't want my computer hacked.
cloudniner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 22

Well I highly doubt the govenrment of china is involved in running RC plane companies over there. It is still a small business with independent owners, even in China And yet .. how many of the products you bought at your LHS, were made in China anyways (eg products sold by Horizon Hobby, Red Cat, etc)?

Would be great to have a LHS stocking only high quality items made in the US and Europe, to justify the costs. But around here it is more of the same chinese items for 4x the price. Find a Graupner prop, Castle Creations ESC, DJI multirotor, a Topmodel glider or a Jeti radio at the LHS? Not in any shop I have visited. I would love to shop a such a store though!

I envy you guys if you have a shop stocking items worth purchasing.

But my flying budget is 50% electronics for FPV, and few hobby shop stocks, has the distributor rights to sell, or even knows where to purchase it from.

Last edited by bcsaltchucker; 03-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Al E

Total Props: 3

We mustn't forget Mighty Small Cars in Dartmouth Dave, even closer to you. Geoff is fantastic, order by sunday night (yes, you can call him at home sunday night) and he has it the following Friday.

Despite the shop name he deals in a lot of airplane stuff as well and pricing is very competitive. Just a first class gent and a great hobby shop!!
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.