boat question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Boat Discussion Discuss RC Boats, submarines & hovercrafts in electric or nitro.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kevin m
Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0
boat question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hey guys just a question which might save me alot of hassle i have an older new bright boat that about 30 inchs long i have no radio for it but i did manage to sorta get one to run so its about 5 mph which sucks anyhow i want to convert this thing to an air powered boat,what i need to know is what size of brush less motor do i need and length of prop in order to get this thing going say 20 mph at the most id be happy with that iam thinking 50amp esc and 11.1 volts at 2200 mah and a 9g servo to run the rudder

iam i out to left field or would it be better to to mod the stock equipment -the rudder cause its missing one of the 2 rudders and of course no parts assess so ill have to mod a new rudder system in either way

thanks
madmachinest68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
bensidus197217
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Re: boat question

Go to Hobby King website look up airplane motors that work with the battery you have, then all you have to do is match a prop to that motor. I had a Dumas airboat with a nitro K+B 60 motor and that thing went about 40 mph. Just keep the battery low and little ahead of centre of gravity because you don't want it to flip while screaming over the water. Air boats are great because they don't hang up on plant life under water and you can use them on snow. Show us some pics!
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kevin m
Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0
Re: boat question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensidus197217 View Post
Go to Hobby King website look up airplane motors that work with the battery you have, then all you have to do is match a prop to that motor. I had a Dumas airboat with a nitro K+B 60 motor and that thing went about 40 mph. Just keep the battery low and little ahead of centre of gravity because you don't want it to flip while screaming over the water. Air boats are great because they don't hang up on plant life under water and you can use them on snow. Show us some pics!
ok cool ill get the parts ill need then post pics when its all done

thanks for the help
madmachinest68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in