Help first time trying to charge - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Wally S

Total Props: 0
Help first time trying to charge

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

New to RC Trucks/Cars, recently got 3 from my Uncle, along with 2 chargers, an Apex , and a Vision Peak Dynamite. I havent been able to talk to him about charging, but figured i'd try asking here. is there a certain way they need to be charged / settings that need to be done?

Currently using the apex at 2 current, with fast charge, as they have been charged before. The number on the LCD is going up.. so im assuming thats the current charge?
wstadnick is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: R.S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Re: Help first time trying to charge

i suggest you give us the model number of the charger or at least some pictures so we can tell what charger you have~
also what kind of batteries are you charging? NIMH or lipos?
lildevilx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
RCC Noob
I am: Wally S

Sorry about that. I've attached the pictures of my two chargers. I've been reading as much as i possibly can, but there are so many differences, and the two manuals for these are somewhat vague.

I'm chargeing Nimh, they look like 6 D batteries in a case.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apex_sigma_125.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	200008   Click image for larger version

Name:	DYN4045-250.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	200009  
wstadnick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
RCC Noob
I am: Ron A.
Radio of choice:
TQi 2.4GHz
# of RCs: 1

Hello.... I could use some advice on charging nimhs.. they are both 7cell 8.4v one is a 5000mah and the other a 3000mah.. the first 4 times i used them i charged them with my traxxas box charger.. i now have a Hyperion eso 720i net3 and have charged them twice with it... the first time I set the capacity to 3000 and 5000mah and charged them both at 2amps.. the first one was the 3000mah and it charged till the capacity hit 3000 and stopped.. didn't get very warm at all just slightly.. then i charged the 5000 at 2 amps also and when the capacity hit 4250mah the delta peak(wich was set at default 5) stopped it and it was very warm.. i ran them both the next day and they seemed fine.. Is there a way to tell how low the battery is b4 you charge it? how do you know what to set the max capacity at?.. I remember reading that fully charged 8.4v batts should read around 10.3v so on the second charge i tried that... i charged them both at 1amp.. I stopped the 5000mah at 10.22v and it was slightly warm.. I stopped the 3000mah at 10.3v and never really got warm.. after letting them rest for 30 mins i put them back on my box charger to see if the green light that indicates fully charged would come on.. it didn't right away but it only took 5 mins on each for it to show green.. I will eventually get lipos but just wanna make theese last as long as possible so any input would be appreciated.... Thanks!
Trax01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.