Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Brian T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 2+

Total Props: 10
Re: Bring em back!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here is a good example of ARF plastic covering color fade, both are Ora Coat covered ARF's, this picture taken yesterday as pre-flightline appearance documentation. The one on the left is five years old and was the same color as the new one on the right that will be maidened this weekend.

Brian T.

PS. These are 1/4 scale, the 1/3 will be fabric & dope in the correct Red on White color.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1329.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	202979  
It's All About Ballance

Last edited by Rellic; 05-16-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Add PS
Rellic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

Originally Posted by adaptabl View Post
I doubt there would much market for ARC models. The ARF's are getting to the point you don't even need glue, it would be step backwards to have to cover them. Many of the better quality ARF's have covering done better then most modelers could do with quality covering materials.
All the modelers I know can cover circles around any ARF covering I've seen and when they finish the covering stays basically forever, especially fabric.

Never been a fan of the shiny stuff either and most ARF's I have aquired or bought I got rid of because of pushrod tubes etc not being up to par or binding.
Only way to fix that stuff is to strip the airframe anyway and start over. Bring back the ARC's please!!

''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
Glenn Nigh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Glenn N
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

I have to agree with adaptabl here. I think that time and money keeps the ARF models coming. I do agree with those who build or use ARC, I'm one, as a base that one can check out the struture to see if it is built to thier needs. For example I need a very well braced landing gear as my flying dosen't alway end with a gentle landing. The first thing I take off is American registration, not because I don't like Americans but because I'm Canadian and want Canadian markings and registration. I also like my own color combos, not the run of the mill stuff. I use film a lot on everyday models and like it because it is quick and works well. On the larger stuff I have used several methods of covering, that usually mean more time and work, but isn't that what the hobby is about? Glenn
Glenn Nigh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.