Some feedback please - new online store - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Cees M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Some feedback please - new online store

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Due to recent turn of events I am in the position of starting my own business.
Due to the same turn of events I have personal contacts in China to acquire in bulk pretty well anything I want.
Naturally my leanings are towards importing items related to our hobby.
I would love to have some feedback as to the demand for items similar ( same factories but different names ) to the products sold at hobbyking or hobbypartz but distributed out of Canada. Prices would be comparable but shipping would be much less and shipping times would be days and not weeks.
The current business model idea is to have something similar to Headsuphobby that is based out of Florida. Specializing in motors, esc's, receivers, servo's, lipo's and the like.
I would also be selling laser cut kits not currently available in Canada without having to pay extravagant shipping charges and waiting weeks for it to arrive.

I will not how-ever be selling ARF or RTF models in the vein of FMS or Dynam and similar makes due to the service and warranty nightmares. Not to mention the need to stock a large amount of replacement parts that may never sell.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. The more input I receive, the better I can suit the business to the needs of Canadian consumers.
blade944 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: David C
Radio of choice:
MC-20 MX-20 X9D+ X12S
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 44
Re: Some feedback please - new online store

Lipo's would be a big thing for me. I get Nanotecs from HobbyKing lately but I expect at some time they will catch on to the whole shipping thing. Prices in local stores are just nuts.

I am finding it hard to find good full-body civilian pilot figures, 1/10 to 1/5 scale. Everybody seems to concentrate on military figures.

Cree LED lights for making scale lighting systems is something I am into lately. They are quite pricey. Red and green domes for putting over the lights to make scale beacons and Nav lights are something I am interested in.

I would like to try a Quad and FPV this summer or next.

Small cameras for onboard video recording.

I have a Midwest Texan an will need fuel tank and related stuff to get it airborne. If I like the gasser world I will do more of them and there's lots of special gear that goes with giant scale gassers.
No Bounce-No Play The one who dies with the most toys wins!
MC-20 MX-20 Taranis X9DPlus HORUS
Friends don't let friends fly Spektrum!
Electric flying is pretty much seeing how close to a dead short you can run without setting it on fire.

Last edited by davidmc36; 05-11-2013 at 09:58 AM.
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.