Chatham - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 06-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Don M

Total Props: 3
Re: Chatham

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Brave hardy souls they are!

But they did it!

We got a contest in there, but it was cut short.

Ivan and Bill wrote a nice summary of the weekend, thanks guys. It was great to get together again with all these folks, and some new ones!

Some came from long distances- the Sudbury guys, Ottawa, Toronto, and the USA. Your efforts to come and support our contest here was greatly appreciated...

If you needed to have some crosswind flying time, boy we had it all set up for you. I was really impressed with a lot of the pilots' ability to handle that!

Most of us, when practicing, just fly with the current wind direction (don't we!)- it's a really good idea to intentionally fly crosswind, just for the experience. Wind correction done well is a lot of work but it sure pays off in points.

As the guys said, we only got 1 complete round in Saturday morning, but the conditions got so rough we finished for the day.

We broke for lunch, (thanks John, James and Monte) and then took off for the tour of RM. Most pilots are mechanics to various degrees, so everyone seemed to get a charge out of the tour. I'm glad we were able to do something fun for the afternoon.

We then had a nice dinner at TBones steakhouse (took up a full corner of the restaurant!) and my Mom and Dad also came along.

By the way thanks to my Ma for making the great Bumbleberry pie we devoured this afternoon after the awards ceremony!

Today was the complete washout due to the ridiculous winds, so we had the awards. I will email the group photo to everyone so you can put them in the trophies.

Ivan's quote of the day 'hey there's whitecaps in my coffee' while leaning into the wind was the comic relief of the day for sure. Might even use that as a sig somewhere..

A nice thing was that the entire basic class was made of first time contest entrants! This is great to see, and even one (Dave) was from my home club! Congratulations to that whole class on stepping into the fray. And way to go Ariel! Next time we'll have to get Bevon to bring the heli and give us a show...

So again, thanks to all that helped- Cliff Bailey especially, in the scoring trailer, Rick Kroeze with organizing, and Dave and Sam Mott for general help.

I wish we could have all flown more, but hey at least we didn't get rained out!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon on the contest circuit.

goneflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Don M

Total Props: 3

Originally Posted by LEE View Post
Still driving home! Gaston is regailling us with his humor and we are having fun inputting sounds to his 18MZ Weather is still overcast and windy but we don't care. Had a great time and thanks Don and all those who helped. I know as a CD how much work it is and how dissapointing it was for him to see everyone standing around but the RM visit was fantastic as was the steak dinner and of course seeing everyone again. Thanks again and see you all at Stoney Creek!
Thanks Lee, you guys really made the event, being here.
Would be fun to be a fly on the wall in that van with all you characters in there.
Gaston cracks me up!
Drive carefully all that way back up north!

Thanks again,
goneflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Jason P

Total Props: 0

Thanks for putting on the event. Great time dispite the weather.
And thanks to Frank K for loaning me his spare tx. It was indeed a bit disheartening to watch white smoke billow out of my relatively new 11X first thing in the morning. But with a bit of rushed programing I was able to stay in the game. And thanks Gaston for the help with the programming.
Awesome event, hope it happens again next year. See you at Stoney Creek.

pjp01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Girls Rock
RCC Noob
I am: Ariel P.J
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 8

Chatham IMAC was an amazing event. It was my first event and I will never forget it.

There was a lot of great people out there. It was a pleasure meeting all the pilots. Hope to see you all in Stoney Creek, Sudbury, Ottawa and/or Bin Brook.

Team Girls Rock
Team Great Hobbies

Sponsored By Mom and Dad
Girls Rock is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Jason P

Congrats Ariel, nice flying.
Nice to meet you and your dad.
See you at the next event.
pjp01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
Frank Klenk
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Frank Klenk
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 17

Glad you were able to make the radio work Jason. Spares are good. Hope you can get your radio fixed up soon.
It was really good to see everyone again and get the season rolling. Big thanks to Don, Rick, Cliff, James and friend and all those that made it happen. Lots of laughs and smiles were had by us all, despite the wind. See you guys soon.
Frank Klenk
MAAC 32001L
IMAC 3698
MECA 4762
Frank Klenk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bryan M

Total Props: 1

Had a blast.... thanks again.
Bryan Mailloux is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Thanks to Don, Ivan and everyone who worked so hard to organize and run this event. Thanks also to all the participants who made it a memorable experience and great fun to attend. As far as Ariel is concerned, I couldn't even beat her at flying the stick plane, she has an awesome memory, but I have a new weapon, with Lee's help, we programmed voice prompts of all the basic maneuvers in my 18 MZ at the flip of a switch..haha, now if I could just get that darn plane in the
Thanks to Ariel and her dad Bevon for being there. they are a great inspiration
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16

Sorry I couldn't make it I didn't gat back from St. John's NL till Saturday night. Don, Rick & Cliff, sorry I forgot to remove myself from the contest registration page.

Wow sounds like you guys had same weather we had in St. John's. Windy there all the time!

Congrats to ALL the New Basic Pilots. I can tell you IF I had been there I probably would NOT have flown in those conditions.

Aerial, STAY in Basic as long as you want, we DON'T want to see you in Sportsman any time soon!

Hope to see All-Ya-All at Stoney Creek next month.
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Last edited by scaleguy; 06-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #20
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mott

Total Props: 2

It was a great weekend even though we only got one round in. I was hoping to fly on Sunday in better conditions to hopefully redeem myself.....somewhat. Aerial gives me something to shot for, I knew I wasn't very good, but now I know I need a lot more practice. On one of my two weekends of practicing Cliff gave me some great pointers and did help me to improve my maneovers. I have never met a pilot that hasn't helped in one way or another, they all want to see you succeed, it's a great hobby to be in.
Oh and Aerial, you young lady are good enough to handle sportsman, don't listen to scaleguy, whenever you are ready, you can move up a level.

Just one of the guy's that got beat by a girl.

Last edited by thegr8david; 06-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.
thegr8david is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.