|05-31-2013, 11:38 PM||#1|
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: R D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Feedback: 1 / 100%
Total Props: 39
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A few years ago I decided to buy a CNC mill and the first project I wanted to do was a tricopter. So I started drawing away and eventually had a flying machine. The motors were completely unsuitable and the frame needed a bit of work so I went back to the drawing board. Now I have been back for a third time and this time I think it is time to put the pen down.
Overly complicated landing gear and battery support.
V2 Much the same as V1 but had a better fitting battery tray and vastly improved motors. Changed from a KK blackboard to KK2.0 as soon as it became available. Added hooks to the front plates to allow for use of elastics to secure the arms. Had a wooden camera gimbal that could have used some better servos.
V3 current. Switched from plywood to G10. Changed landing gear and added rcexplorer.se style vibration damper. New design is much stiffer and provides even more protection to the control board.
Current power system consists of RCtimer BL2830-13 850 kv motors turning APC 12x3.8 props via 30 amp simonk'ed turnigy plushes. 3600 mAh 3s provides the juice.
The only part I would like to change now is the tail rotor tilt setup. I used a system of tubes in tubes but it is a pain in the ass to build compared to just using nose gear blocks.
The motor mounts are made out of copper clad fibre glass and I find it gives plenty of heat sinking to the motors.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|