TACTIC radio systems - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Ross T
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 4
Re: TACTIC radio systems

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I beleive the 1000' limit refers to the "anylink" add-on unit.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
"Do or do not...there is no try"
roscoe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16

Firstly, I would suspect that if the receiver only has one antenna then I would take it as a park flyer and flying would be within the confines of the flying field area.

Another point mentioned was jamming of control surfaces.... regardless of type battery system used this would be a potential for disaster; and this would also cover any installation were the servos are overworked due to installation issues.

When using any replaceable battery cell system ( ie AA)whether NiCad or Nimh one should periodically clean the ends with pure alcohol and not touch the ends with finger tips when reinstalling ; and while you are at it clean the contacts in the transmitter also.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice
I am: Joe P.

Total Props: 1

I have the Tactic TTX650 and it is a full range radio when paired with a Tactic full range receiver. I have never had any issues and it uses the FHSS spread-spectrum SLT technology. I've had Futaba, JR and Spektrum radios and to be honest, for a 6 channel radio it's my favourite.
The wife said it was her or the R/C's. I'm going to miss her.
ku_joe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: John A. Sutherland
Radio of choice:
JR, SPEKTRUM, FrSky, Turnigy
# of RCs: 53

Total Props: 0

Each time I here about Tactic radio systems the next word is "CRASH".

"Lockup" is the next word. So what is the problem ? Do the servoes take too much power and brown out the RX.? Are the Alk. batteries overloading the TX with too high of voltage ?

I do not have one of these radio systems, but everyone I know that has, or has had one has had unexplainable problems. I would stick with any other brand that people in your local club find ok. This is so if there are problems, it is easy to get help, as others may have delt with it, and know the solution. I use JR, Spektrum, Frsky, and FlySky, and do 2.4 conversions of older 72 Mhz JR and Futaba Transmitters.
JSUTHERLAND8 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.