MCPX V2 Questions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: John H

Total Props: 0
MCPX V2 Questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi guys, I have an MCPX V2 and am using a DX7s tx. I have had the heli for about a week and a half and am learning the basics of flying it. I have it set up as per the DX8 settings in the manual and have also adjusted the servo arms so that the heli is at 0 pitch at mid stick. I have noticed a few things and wanted to know if these are normal. If they are not normal, then please suggest how I might solve the issues. Thanks guys.

1. When I try to do a pirouette, the heli looses a couple feet of altitude

2. After I swap the battery for a fresh one (Tx on the whole time), sometimes I find that the heli wants to tip over on take off

3. I fly in a parking garage and am not doing much more than hovering and flying the heli gently back and forth without much speed at all and yet I notice that sometimes the tail starts to wag (I thought that this was only common when outside in the wind or when doing flips and rolls etc.)
JohnnyO83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Santino N

Total Props: 17
Re: MCPX V2 Questions

Check your feathering shaft/spindle. I'll bet it's probably bent.
Team SAB Goblin, BK Servo, Rotorquest
Santino Nemi
snemi00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: StewartW
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 12

The Heli is extremely light. If you give tail input and slightly decrease the throttle/pitch at all you will see movement. You can change your pitch curve a bit so at center stick your are hovering with enough pitch to hold her up.

When you plug in a new battery be sure to plug it in fast and set it down to initialize without movement. Gyro cannot move during initialization!

For the tail wag. You may need to adjust your gains in the radio. Drop it a few numbers.
Trex 700E V2 DFC upgrade w/Demon 3sx
Trex 600E Pro w/Ar7200bx and KDE 530kv on 12s
Trex 450 Sport V2 w/2010kv Scorpion 6s, Dx7s
Blade 130X
craneman32 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
hate repairing heli
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: kevin s
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1

i always plugged my battery in while it is outside of the holder and waited for initialization. then you can pick up heli and insert battery in tray. every move you do will affect height. its the physics of a heli. you will always be working collective to maintain a height. the wag sounds like gain settings for sure. after every crash, always check the white gear to make sure it didnt slip down. start stocking up on the dogbone links. happy flying
hate repairing heli is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
RCC Noob
I am: Jas
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Since the rudder is on the same stick as pitch/throttle , It is very easy to unconsciously move the pitch/throttle without even realizing it ,...
A cp heli will generally not stay perfectly flat in piro's either..
It is normal for helis to have a lean , you dont want to spend alot of time once the rotors reach takeoff speed on or near the ground., get it up out of the rotorwash & groundeffect air rather quickly...Tail wag is very common on this model , sometimes it wasnt left to initialize long enough on flat surface , sometimes small breezes can affect it ,...One thing that helps alot is to check & oil the bearings on the main rotor shaft with something like triflow ,its surpising how many times that fixes it , would be feathering shaft ,...check if its bent by taking off a rotor blade & turning the feathering spindle screw in the blade grip ,...look at the other blade ,...if it is wobbling up & down as you turn , the feathering shaft is bent ,...& should be replaced ,sometimes the tail rotor blade can become a little bent & lose its pitch , can GENTLY twist the tail blades to bend a litle pitch back into it , also you will get all kinds of strange & erratic behaviors if you are not using a known good fresh strong battery that has been taken care of , & it is normal to sometimes have what is called vortex ring effect in still air ,..Its like the heli gets sucked downward through its own rotar wash ,you shouldnt get that very often if you are in a slight breeze though... I think the most challenging thing about the mcpx is trying to fly it slowly , you must constantly remind yourself through your maneuvers to try to keep the disc as flat as possible, acceleration happens quickly & you have to be on the ball to counter act this
dogtoy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.