|10-06-2013, 03:51 PM||#1|
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Neal N
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
# of RCs: 82
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Total Props: 0
Tamiya WildOne 1985 #2
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
HI!... Well I started working on WILD ONE #2 that I got a while back. This was was a basket case.
I got a new body and driver for it.
Got the Wild One body painted. Still need to order some decals.
I started to tear down the "WILD ONE" today. It's going to need a few things. I noticed that the previous owner butchered up the chassis a lot. Drilled holes everywhere.:S He also cut down all the body mount pedestals. So now I'm on the look out for a NIP chassis. That's going to be fun.:P
Well I tore down the WILD ONE #2 a few days ago. Everything was going good until I got to the rear gearbox. Apparently the previous owner epoxied the diff gear together to make a "spool". They also drilled "lightening" holes in all the gears. So I ordered a new set of gears. I got new gear box cases and some other small parts. I also got a new chassis. It's a re-re chassis. Tried to get a vintage chassis but all that I could find wanted well over $100 for them. I got this one for $12. LOL! Looks identical physically except for the battery compartment cut out for a stick pack. Just found out that the main roll bars have had mounting brackets cut off of them so I need to order a set of those now as well. ngry:
Here's a few pics :
Well digging through my RC stuff I came across a new WILD ONE complete diff gear and two new aluminum side bevel gears. lol Just got to get the main gear. Also here's some pics of the original chassis that the car came with when I bought it.
Well new gearbox gear showed up from Team CRP this weekend. This is what I have been waiting for so I can start building this thing. As my luck as usual, the gear showed up damaged. A few teeth are buggered up and it has a huge stress crack in it. I contacted Team CRP and their mailing out a new replacement gear. I should have it by this weekend. Also some new parts showed up for this project. New roll cage and front bumper. :y:
Well the new gear showed up so I started to build the gearbox. It went together pretty easy. Then when I went to mount it into the chassis I realized the previous owner who was drill happy decided to drill a million holes in the plastic support. So now the projects on hold again until the new one shows up. This is what I've got done so far :
Well I got a good amount of work done on the Wild One today. I still need to get some vintage decals, a steering servo, and now a new driver. The other driver I had was a original one and it just crumbled in my hands. So I ordered a new one from TBG today. I re-installed the after market rear sway bar. I think this is pretty rare. I've never seen one before on the Wild One. I also polished the shock bodies. Also the wheels are original. I put them through the whitening process.
48 Tamiya, 17 AE, 1 Kyosho, 4 Traxxas, 1 Redcat
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|