Statement from Hobbyking re: shipping problems - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: lot

Total Props: 0
Statement from Hobbyking re: shipping problems

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Our International Warehouse based in Hong Kong has been affected by changes in Hong Kong Customs policy. The new Customs Department policy is to inspect ALL parcels leaving Hong Kong (not just HobbyKing) and are refusing to accept shipments containing certain items. This has caused two major issues that I wish to address:

Issue One
All orders containing lithium-based batteries that were placed between the 23rd of September and 2nd of October have been refused by customs and are being returned to our shipping dock in Hong Kong. Some orders not containing these items could also have been affected. This has also caused further delays to orders containing these items due to the backlog.
To remedy this, we at HobbyKing are upgrading all returned shipped items to a premium courier provider that will deliver your parcels to you shortly.

Issue Two
Due to the above issue, our Customer Service channel has been overwhelmed. This means that unfortunately all customers will have difficulty contacting Customer Service and for this we sincerely apologise.
If you are trying to contact customer service, please know that we WILL get back to you as soon as possible. To improve efficiency and improve response time, we request that you create just ONE support ticket. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

To ensure that this does not happen again, we are:

- Integrating Fedex as a shipping option from Hong Kong to the world. Fedex has their own in-house Customs officers which will streamline the process and ensure faster dispatch and delivery.
- Establishing another Customer Service Centre in the United States which will be staffed by modelers and will be able to answer all technical product enquiries. This is in addition to our two other Customer Service Centers.
- Opening more and expanding our existing regional warehouses so that more customers can enjoy lower shipping costs and receive their orders quickly.
- Negotiating with different shipping companies to be able to offer a complete range of shipping options.

As you can see, we are urgently taking steps to fix this issue. We have all hands on deck packing orders and answering emails (from Senior VPs to secretaries to janitors) to ensure that this backlog is met. We expect to be up-to-date within the next week or so.

Please know that we strive to provide you with the best possible service. We regret any inconvenience or frustration that you have experienced.

As the situation progresses we will be posting updates on the News section of

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Anthony Hand
Jazzbone is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
Re: Statement from Hobbyking re: shipping problems

I got the same email.
Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Tom B
Radio of choice:
DX8 TT650
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1
Re: Statement from Hobbyking re: shipping problems

I hope Ihope this means a warehouse in Canada. Please Please. Tom
f4u is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.