Hobbyking effin' slays me!! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #21
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Paul F
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25+

Total Props: 11
Re: Hobbyking effin' slays me!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here's the final outcome. I received my stuff 2 days ago. I openned a ticket with HK about a month ago, asking for them to track down from their end, and also complained about the high cost to ship. I was offered a $10 gift card as a resolution. I replied there offer, suggesting that $40 would be more appropriate, but a full refund was an even better idea if I didn't receive my parts within a few more weeks. No Reply. I also sent an email to Fiji Post, asking for a status on the package. The reponse from them was "Don't Panic, it's probably in your country postal system, or in customs processing" I wasn't panicking, I was just getting really mad!! So, back to HK, I want a refund, or I want them to ship the same items by a different method. I received my items 4 days later. I also received an email from them that unfortunately, the package had been returned to their warehouse without their knowledge, and they shipped it fedex at no cost to me. My response, Great, I received it, I still want a refund on the shipping... $40 seems reasonable to me. I'll see what they say to that.

So, I'll still order from them, but always going to go with the cheapest shipping, and just see what happens. Never going to order Lipos from them, I'm sticking with Loud, dirty internal combustion engines, and getting my batteries locally.
Skidoo55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 22

Originally Posted by flycrazy View Post
ok yes from the time you place order say i placed order monday say tuesday its shipped from hongkong MAX 48 hours to the door i have even i dont no how but 1 time i had it in less then 24 hours.... and i placed orders from 50 to 200$ and fedex has always been 36 bucks thats it and dont matter how you order or ship from hobbyking where canadian yes theres a money differents .... i just wish they would ship planes fedex
I went to place a HK order today - small hardware and a Taranis out of Asia warehouse. Gave me like 4 options for shipping. $75 for EMS. $50 for Fedex. I click on Fedex ... popup then asked me 'am I sure? could be extra tax.' I click yes, I am sure. ...popup won't go away??? Can't complete the order !!!???

So I just chose EMS, and crossed fingers. Maybe no tax will cover the extra $25

Maybe their website is unfriendly with Chrome browser. That popup completely blocked me from choosing Fedex. (I will shoot myself in the head before using MSIE)
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #23
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5

To me if you need specialty batteries, HK is the only choice you have. I have been ordering from them for years, mostly small stuff and batteries and yes shipping was good. Last 2 orders took 45 days each. I personally think the whole shipping game has changed from Hon Kong. HK volume is huge now and not many will ship lipos, if you notice all the small companies in China that use to deal in lipos are gone, too hard to ship now. They try to ship cheap which equals crappy service overall. Yes I can get small stuff from Japan in under 10 days for under $10 but it's not lipos. The bottom line is, you want stuff from the International warehouse pay basic shipping and wait.
Their tracking, given by HK sucks, especially from Fiji or Malaysia, this website seems to do a better job of tracking :

Once you track it, under each tab you can get more details of your package. I would not click on any advertizing on this page!

ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #24
RCC Master Contributor
I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6

Originally Posted by ddruck View Post
Their tracking, given by HK sucks, especially from Fiji or Malaysia.

I have only had packages shipped by Malaysia post and they seem to be coming in around 2 weeks lately. ( glad I never had the pleasure of Fiji) I find the tracking is good on their end but falls apart when Canada Post takes it over. Don't know why. It was never that way before when Swiss or Singapore Post was the shipper. The status on most of my packages now are still in the processing, delivery or still to enter the country but they have all been delivered.

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #25
RCC Apprentice
I am: Don H
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DXS6i
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

I recently ordered a rc plane along with a receiver and a few extra props out of the Hong Kong Hobby King site.

The next day I get an email telling me that they are sorry but the plane is no longer available, but they will send the other items. Do I want a refund or credit plus bonus dollars.

The e-mail said if they do not hear from me in two days they will send the parcel without the plane. The two other parts were for the plane, I e-mailed them back saying I do not want the other parts without the plane, also there is no use for the parts without the plane, refund whole order please.

My response message does not go through, I get an error - not delivered message report.

I also left a message on thier main site containing the order number informing them to cancel the entire order and to refund me the purchase price including shipping.
DonRhone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:14 AM   #26
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7

Best to get on online chat and take care of it live.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #27
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mike K
Radio of choice:
Traxxas TQi
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1

I've only had good experiences with HobbyKing although I haven't ordered anything from them in over 6 months. I've heard you should avoid placing orders during the Chinese New Year (season?) not sure how long a period that is but it would be easy to find out.

Before I place an order I always check with Great Hobbies or HobbyHobby to see if they have what I want because obviously anything shipped internally would be preferable. Canada Post is absolutely incredible now, very fast and very cheap, I once received a small parcel through regular mail overnight- was shocked!
mikekoz68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.