RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 02-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
Edmond Y
RCC Apprentice
I am: |Yuk Choi Y

Total Props: 0
Re: Great Hobbies

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Hover your cursor over the dot and it pops up the meaning.

Hey thanks for the heads up, if you don't tell me, I guess I will never find out.

Edmond Y is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #22
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Trevor F
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 3

Originally Posted by Edmond Y View Post
Hey thanks for the heads up, if you don't tell me, I guess I will never find out.

It's right on the page where you see the dots.....

And again.. Give Hobby Alley a shot!
Soulfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: MRoy
Radio of choice:
Futaba J8

I have not had any issues with my online orders. Last was a month ago and took a week to deliver.
yorcram is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #24
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Phil H.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

I've done a fair bit of business with Great Hobbies and always had excellent service. Fast shipping, well-packaged so arrived intact. Prices are reasonable, not the cheapest but fair.
fledermaus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #25
RCC Contributor
I am: Wayne K

Total Props: 2

Me Too. Quite a few orders, two .60 size kits, one medium size electric foamy, two O.S. electric motors, etc, etc.

Never a problem. Delivered to the other end of this large and beautiful country on time and without a scratch. Would order again in a heartbeat, if I had any money left...

MAAC 19744
Wayne_K is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #26
Ichi Zato
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jean-François
# of RCs: 3

Best service and price i have ever had!
Ichi Zato is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #27
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 7

I picked up an order at the Charlottetown store yesterday. I think it epitomized why I always prefer doing business in person.

- They know me as soon as I walk in.
- My order was ready to go
- They insisted on opening the box of the ARF I was buying, to ensure that all the parts were perfect (and they were).
- Even though I placed the order some time ago, and it had been waiting for me for a couple of weeks, they still gave me (without asking) the anniversary discount on the whole thing.
- As always, they helped me carry everything out to the car. Again, without my asking.

So on the whole, I think GH is a pretty tough act to follow.

I *do* have a concern regarding the Charlottetown store though. Ask I predicted when the shipping business centralized in Mississauga, the amount of newly-released product making it to that store has dropped off considerably. I had to order my new H9 Thunderbolt and specify pick-up. From watching the online inventory, I've seen DX9 radios arrive several times at other locations... I think this store received one, once. Before Christmas. The new ParkZone Mosquito, also out for several months? Several deliveries to other locations... but not PEI. I "get" the business requirements behind it all, it's just sad to see the "home" location slowly dying.
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #28
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
Futaba MZ, Futaba SZ

Total Props: 14

I ordered Monday, delivery was in my mailbox before noon on tuesday.
MAAC 37964, IMAA 20680, IMAC 7194
itizme is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #29
RCC Contributor
I am: tommy c
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 29+

Total Props: 4

Used Great Hobbies for years, with trusting service. But lately I have had a few issues with orders, it seems to take longer; but that may be the mail service cutback ? Last Dec. I had an order which was late and finally I got a tracking number which I took to the post office and they tracked it to the wrong warehouse in my city and it still took three working days to come across town. Xmas rush may have caused this.
tommy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #30
RCC Supreme Contributor
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 58

I haven't ordered much on line for a while but I need a few things now so went to Hobby Wholesale's site - you guessed it!

Changed AGAIN!

Now their past websites have not been the easiest to navigate but this one is just bad! Key words in the "search" kept bringing up... "no items found", the home page has nothing for sale on it, it took me quite a while to find anything at all. Then most of the items listed had "no image" and "no product info".

A couple of E mails put me on to what I want - I think. We will see when it arrives. I am hoping this site is not complete and will improve with time.

In spite of my negative comments earlier about Great Hobbies, their website is very easy to get around in and I found what I wanted there in just a couple key strokes. Now if we could combine the G.H. website with the H.W. service we would have a real winner!
Hang time does not apply to ceiling fans, light fixtures, overhead door tracks or basketball nets!
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.