trex-450 clone help - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Glen M
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx6i
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
trex-450 clone help

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hey all, first post here hoping I can get some help. I have done a ton of reading and research but cant find exactly what I am looking for. I am new to rc heli's. I started off with a 3 ch heli worked my way up to the current set up I have. I bought this clone, and did a few upgrades along the way. I crashed it when I first got it, bent some things, exploded the blades. yada yada you know the story. since I have upgraded all the servos to metal gear servos, and put in a new main rotor head. everything is aluminum and carbon fiber now. spektrum transmitter, and receiver. I have the old training wheels on it and so on. anyway, after my last crash I put things in limbo for awhile waiting for parts and invested in phoenix rc sim, and spent about 6 months flying the sim. I have gotten pretty good at the sim. was a pretty clear day today, so I took the rc out, and gave it a go. things were going well, and I decided to try a few moves I learned in the sim........bad idea. hahaha. not to mention a good gust of wind picked up.

so my question is this. I was very lucky and only a few things were damaged. I bent my flybar ( I had a spare) also my tail vertical stabilizer didn't break, but it moved off axis. it is attached to my tail rotor, and then the tail rotor is attached to the tail. the tail rotor slides onto the tail and then one screw pressure fits it onto the tail. hope you guys are following me. on the actual trex 450 i think it is 2 bolts that anchor it. poor design on the clone, but what can you do. now my questions is this when realigning the stabilizer, and tail rotor, I am assuming I align it to 90 degrees vertically correct? or do I need to offset it a bit? if you guys need pics, I can upload some. thank you for the help, and I am sure you guys will be hearing from me again. glad to have found you guys.
squadronleader is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
lead balloon
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Steve B
Radio of choice:
Jr 9303

Total Props: 8
Re: trex-450 clone help

Yes, your stab should be straight up and down. I usually eyeball mine to be inline with the main shaft.
-Rave env 90 YS91St- -Raptor 30 OS37 FBL- -Trex 450 SE v2 FBL- -Nano cpx asteroid designs mild bl-
-Aeroworks edge 540t OS91 surpass- -Aeroworks extra 300 Dle 30cc-A variety of beater airplanes- **Trout Farm Flyers**
lead balloon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
RCC Noob
I am: Glen M
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx6i
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0

Sweet, thank you. What about my flybar blades? Do I need a alignment tool for those or can I just eyeball those, with tape or something?

Last edited by squadronleader; 02-25-2014 at 10:22 PM.
squadronleader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Sounds like you make the same mistakes a lot of beginners make when getting into helis- you watched too many youtube videos and think you too can fly crazy 3D on your second flight. Hopefully now you will have realized that you need to learn (and master) the basics before you move on to the next level.

The good news is, you are becoming a better heli repairman;
Confucius say: "You will become and expert heli repairman long before you become an expert heli flier"

As for your issues;
You can eyeball the paddles to the flybar arms- the flybar arms should be 90deg to the main shaft, so just line them up with that.

As for the tail rotor, I don't agree with the above; it does not have to be "exactly" perpendicular if your goal is to just get out and fly- it will fly fine even if its off on a slight angle. On the other hand, if you are a master flier and are attempting to fly sick 3-D, then that is when you need to have it perfectly aligned
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.