lipo shipping option in HK - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 03-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #11
uberjay
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11
Re: lipo shipping option in HK

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycrazy View Post
see all you guys are talking about reg shipping with ipo i am talking about fedex shipping only thats whos fast 24 to 48 hours from time its shipped to you door like last week i places a order on monday night and my package was here thursday morning and it was parts and lipos and a lipo charger
Agreed... Fedex is the fastest, but it's not always, 100% of the time an option in the cart depending on what you're ordering. And it does come with extra cost too - after delivery arrives. The ROD thing.... but as long as one knows ahead of time to expect that and wants stuff fast that's cool.

The original poster was asking if FedEx was the only option. It is not. That's kinda what I was getting at.

Cheers,
J
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
slash60
RCC Master Contributor

I am: ROGER V
Radio of choice:
FUTABA 10CAP
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

Thanks guys for all the input/info and personal experience. I ordered the second time with only lipos in the package and it still is fedex way, no other options so I decided to try it. Will see how much tax and fee will be added plus how long it will take. As dthunter said, there is still snow on the ground so no hurry here. Again thanks to everyone.
slash60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Darcy Creighton
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

not realy fedex i fined he fastest and the cheapest 35 bucks shipping ya sometimes you get a customs fee bill in the mall for 10 bucks or so but still thats cheaper then EMS or sing post and i have not had a problem with being able to but 1000 in parts as long as theres at least 1 lipo in it 35 bucks fedex shipping only thing they wont ship fedex is planes witch sucks
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #14
Tomahawk
RCC Master Contributor

I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6

I just threw two 1800mah 3s lipos in the cart on the HK International site and I have two options for shipping.
Fedex Priority for $25.41 and
International (Registered) Air Mail 501 - 750g Lipo $15.99.

Not sure why the second option is not showing up for you.
I just received a lipo order the middle of February from Hobby King using International Registered - Lipo method. Came Malaysia Post.

Chris

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #15
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis

wrong FLycrazy

Order from the USA warehouse. Shipment by Purolator:

My last 3 orders were from there:

- EPP angel PNP plane - $70 incl shipping. arrived in 3 days. no extra border fees on arrival
- 12 lipo batteries. $130 total including shipping. Arrived in 5 days, no fees
- HK drifter PnP airplane. $105 total inc shipping. Ordered this monday, arrived yesterday - 2 days. no fees.

none of this expensive Fedex or long wait from asia needed for getting lipos and planes now. Better than most Cdn vendors too.

none of this Postal service leaving a door hanger - they just ring the bell and leave the package. nice
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Kargon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Karl Goinarov

Total Props: 41

Placed an order eight days ago for lipo batteries from the HK warehouse in the U.S. and had them shipped by Purolator, they arrived today at my door. Shipping was $28.50 for 1491 grams, that's less than two cents per gram for shipping ...I'm happy.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #17
Jazzbone
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
Graupner
# of RCs: lot

Total Props: 0

I've used companies like FedEx and Purulator and UPS for shipping from the US a few times...Shipping was reasonable and generally quick....however twice with UPS and once with FedEx, I've received a customs bill after the fact...
Package arrives, pick it up, pay the taxes....2 weeks later I get a bill in the mail for brokerage fees....
That alone has scared me away from any of the big courier companies....Since I'm close to the border, I'll ship domestic from the US right to the border and drive the hour to go pick it up...I know it's not an option for everyone, but works well where I am...

Jazzbone
Jazzbone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #18
slash60
RCC Master Contributor

I am: ROGER V
Radio of choice:
FUTABA 10CAP

@tomahawk, I do not know why I did not have an option such as yours for international shipping. Perhaps I started with lipo batteries from the start. @bschucker..i never tried US hk source or purolator but I will look into it the next time. @jazzbone...that is exactly my experience with an airplane that I bought long time ago and was shipped via the courier companies. Paid the tax then later on was billed for the handling/shipping cost (double whammy) precisely the reason why I am wary but I ordered anyway and will have to see what will come about this. Again thanks for the input guys!
slash60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #19
Arceenut
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbone View Post
..Since I'm close to the border, I'll ship domestic from the US right to the border and drive the hour to go pick it up...I know it's not an option for everyone, but works well where I am...

Jazzbone
Have you considered the cost of driving an hour and the your time to do this? If you take the cost of running your car I ( think some employers pay up to 25 cents a kilometer for company use of your personal vehicle) Don't you think it would be less expensive to just pay the exorbitant fees?
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #20
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis

same reason why I won't go to the local hobby shop! Well that and they are not nice people.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in