Lipo How Long - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #11
RCC Noob
I am: James K
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: Lipo How Long

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by oviroble View Post
Check this out
Thanks for posting that video oviroble; I'll be able to point people to it as short course in LIPO charge states.

Last spring I apparently demonstrated "destabilizing the polymer" that he speaks of at about 2:30 with a set of 5S Voltz packs that I accidentally left fully charged for about three months. I was trying to track down the cause of a vibration on my 600 heli, so I'd charge, then test, then discharge to store, then at some point try some fix and repeat. Eventually I lost my way.

The end result was that when I resolved the problem and started flying it again, that set of packs dramatically puffed on the second cycle. They had only 158 total cycles on them, while the the other two sets that I was using continued on to 220 cycles before I retired them. An expensive mistake.

On the other hand, low current draw applications must hide the damage - I've got club mates who leave their 3S 2200 packs fully charged at all times for their foamy warbirds and have many, many flights on them.

JamesK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: cory b
Radio of choice:
spektrum DX9, DX4S
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 10
Re: Lipo How Long

Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
On the other hand, low current draw applications must hide the damage - I've got club mates who leave their 3S 2200 packs fully charged at all times for their foamy warbirds and have many, many flights on them.

I had a 3 cell 2200 go on me after only using it MAYBE 5 times and then leaving it charged the whole winter. Come spring went out to use it, worked perfectly fine, and then put it on charge and only registered on charger as a 2 cell. Was my first start into lipos and now I NEVER leave em charged, ALWAYS STORED
Spektrum DX9, DX4S-Realflight 7
Align 250 DFC,Mini Vbar, YEP 18, S306G HV's
Align 500L Dominator, Vbar Silverline, YEP 90LV, BK 5001's and BK 5005, Switchblades
Goblin 380, Mini Vbar, Xnova 3215, YGE 90LV, BK 3001's and BK 5005. Switchblades
Blade 450x, every lynx/blade upgrade available--PARTING OUT(CHECK CLASSIFIEDS)
Techone Venus 3d, HK Clik and RC Foam Factory Click super-lite(still in box)
Losi Mini 8ight--Leopard LBP2838, HW 10BL60, BK 5001, Shumacher Rally's+Pins, Rhino 1050mah 40c
gixerfien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.