Formula 1 racing starts again ! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 03-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Tom Muir

Total Props: 2
Re: Formula 1 racing starts again !

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by cosmith View Post
I'm a big fan of both Formula 1 and MotoGP...however, not sure what I'm going to do to get my MotoGP fix now that Rogers cable has cancelled SPEED channel.

I didn't find the F1 race to be a snore fest as some have complained. Sure the sound was a little bit disappointing, but honestly the racing was good. No doubt that Rosberg checked out at the front, but the question of his car finishing was there right till the end. Just look at all the drama: entirely new cars, many of which hadn't yet run race distance...Magnussen finishing on the podium and out performing Button in his first ever F1 race...Ricciardo finishing on the podium in his RedBull debut in a car that had never seen race distance, although later DQ'd...the performance of the Williams...lots of squirming out of corners from the extra torque...and, quite a bit of good wheel to wheel racing, just not for first place. Perhaps most importantly to me, RedBull didn't completely dominate the race.

I guess if you are into F1 for the spectacle you could be disappointed in the new cars, but I think most longtime fans would see a big shake up like this as a good thing.

I'm really looking forward to the next race...if the performance of the cars doesn't change, imagine the race for the podium that could exist without Vettel, Hamilton and Massa (in that surprisingly quick Williams) exiting the race so early. We still can't count Ferrari out, I expect they will be working feverishly on their car and both their driver's are quite competent. I don't remember a season in recent history where I could anticipate so many different teams hitting the podium...Mercedes, McLaren, RedBull, Williams and Ferrari could all do it this season. Who knows what the other teams could pull out, Lotus really surprised me last year. Once they get their power unit issues solved with Renault they may have a chassis capable of hitting the podium.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!
I too am a long-time F1 fan and agree completely with your analysis- well said! Regarding Rogers and SpeedTV- we just switched from Shaw to Bell (satellite) and got a free PVR! (and Speed). Perhaps an option?
"We has seen the enemy, and he is us"
pogo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Doug M
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18 MZ
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0

The turbo V6s remind me of the Vtwins thumping along at 11000. Not a bad sound but really not expected for an F1 car. I agree with all the comments, maybe not the best sounds but excellent racing in that anyone has a good opportunity. Mercedes looks very fast out of the box.

Should be a fun year.
DougM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Cory S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 13

Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Regarding Rogers and SpeedTV- we just switched from Shaw to Bell (satellite) and got a free PVR! (and Speed). Perhaps an option?
I thought about jumping ship the second my SPEED channel conked out just as Supercross was coming on. Unfortunately, word on the street is that SPEED will be gone from all Canadian providers over the next couple months.

This is probably a good discussion for another thread, but VMedia has caught my attention. Only issue for me is no PVR but they are saying to expect a big announcement in that area on March 27. They sell you unlimited internet in combination with internet TV. Seem to get good reviews as long as you're in an area with good internet infrastructure.
cosmith is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.