Impressing the Judges - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 04-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Re: Impressing the Judges

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
We just drove 31 hours straight to fly in a contest in Ocala, Florida

Just sayin!
MAAC 9551L-IMAC 3705
Former SA Chairman
Team Great Hobbies
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Brent S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 10

Yes Lee but your also running out of weekends to get the Ontario comps in!!!!

I guess I should have explained in my first post that I am asking the questions as a guy that is entering his fourth year of flying (and, I am old).

Guess I'll just shut up until my schedule and a IMAC comp jive......

Carry on!

Last edited by Eye Can Fly; 04-10-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Eye Can Fly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Will
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 14

Originally Posted by Eye Can Fly View Post
Thanks for contributing Will. That really helps a lot!

Small wonder F3A is in decline, run away to existing comps rather than promoting development close to home.....
Decline? Ouch....I don't think so.
We promote contest close to home in pattern, I can tell you from experience that I learn way more flying one afternoon with a good friend of mine down in Calgary than I do when practicing 20 flights by myself and learn even more when I participate in a contest.

Most people will tell you, trying to figure it out certain maneuvers, presentation, positioning etc..It's extremely hard without that second pair of eyes behind you.

I think it applies to any discipline....there is a good bunch in AB and other places that really enjoy IMAC. As I mentioned, if you can take a weekend to visit them when they do their workshops or even when they are practicing and/or when they organize a contest, it will be very helpful for you.

Team Futaba
Team Thunder Power
Falcon Props
Team Great Hobbies
VA6WGO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #14
Level 1 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Alan H
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 3

Hi Brent,

Will is right about a second set of eyes, and is especially true for eyes that know what they are watching for!

I am new to IMAC myself and having someone with experience stand beside you is invaluable. I was flying lines that were too short and flying the maneuvers too quickly(throttle control!!) and not flying "the box" big enough. At least these were my 2 biggest areas of concern, there were (are) others!! I couldn't see these things myself and just having someone call out the routine is a great help to me, even if I know the routine it is one less thing I have to concentrate on .

Giving yourself time seems to be a big one and that helps shape the size of what you are flying. Some find counting helps with keeping spaces or legs more even and things centered, call it cadence maybe...

Looks like the closest event to you will be Medicine Hat June 7/8th but that is still likely 3 1/2 to 4 hours for you. Keep at it!! Any disciplined flying makes you better, whether you compete or not.
Did you see that........I actually meant to do that...
Scrappy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.