General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 06-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Park crackdown in US..

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9
Re: Park crackdown in US..

Yeah the press release (here: states that it is a temporary measure and the existing orgs that have park permission will need to be re-reviewed and at that park's discretion may be allowed to resume.

I find it interesting that the press release also includes the statement that the park themselves may employ UAV's for administrative purposes. So they do seem to see the value in them, but I think it's a matter of how to manage public use of them.

They cite a few examples of UAV's gone wild.... accidents can happen, but it sounds like those involved may not have been practicing safe UAV'ing .

Here's hoping that things settle down and the door opens again. There are tons of beautiful things that can only be seen from a UAV in those parks!

MAAC# 32586 Buddy Codes: All my buddy-codes on
London Wind Mapper Weather
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 22

Even as a FPVer myself, I can understand this. I mean I heard even Banff bans manned aircraft. I am going on a 7 day high Sierra hike in Yosemite in August and I do not want to see or hear aircraft up there (though helicopter 100x more annoying than any model aircraft)
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Greg E.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7|DX3R
# of RCs: ~10

Total Props: 15

Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
They cite a few examples of UAV's gone wild.... accidents can happen, but it sounds like those involved may not have been practicing safe UAV'ing .
I think that's the issue, people aren't using common sense and it ruins it for the people who do. Hopefully, they can either work with AMA or another group to come up with some rules that will work to keep it going.
Current models: Hobbico Nexstar Electric, Parkzone Spitfire Mk IX , several micros/small helis. Nothing nitro/gas.
g1975a is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.