General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 06-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Brad W
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Some help with my T-Maxx

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys/gals

I made an inappropriate post earlier about a bad trade I just made as I was a little upset. The post has since been removed at my request.

Anyways changing all the negative to positive.

I have racked my brain on this thing, replaced the carb and a few other things yesterday and she ran, still needs a good tune though.

I replaced the slipper clutch friction pegs this morning and they wore out super fast. So I had a few washers lying around with a rubber ring on the inside which sort of serves the same purpose. I know this is not right but I needed to see it move. It does and it hauls ass.

Could the reason the friction pegs wore out so fast be due to the fact that the clutch may not have been tight enough from the get go? Is there alternatives to the stock set up?

Next issue is Steering, I know it needs to move a little to steer which is fine. I was only on the road and at high speeds I can see there being to much friction between the tires and the road surface. I will be heading out soon to try dirt. Is there an alternative to this stock set up as well? (Servo Saver) or am I just better off sticking to grass and dirt.

As far as acceleration goes, what should I look for, Does a T-Maxx Usually wheelie off the line? The guy I got this from said he changed the Clutch on the motor so from what I can see, the clutch looks like it is starting engage at a pretty early and low throttle stage.

I know I'm all over the place on this one but I have many bases to cover lol. Even general insight on larger nitro vehicles would be great as I'm used to smaller 2wd ones.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	38
Size:	1,017.3 KB
ID:	347825  
Iridium87 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
RCC Noob
I am: Brad W
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Re: Some help with my T-Maxx

Just cracked the gas tank lol. Complete tear down today and full rebuild on the way.

Last edited by Iridium87; 06-22-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Iridium87 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.