Has anyone bought from Pro Seller ??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Grant M
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4,TACTIC TX650 2.4.
# of RCs: 200

Total Props: 13
Has anyone bought from Pro Seller ???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hy Grant here I am looking at buying a Goldwing ARF Brand Pitts 30cc 60" from Pro Seller
has anyone bought anything from him and is the shipping pricey and what is the biplane like
Anyone please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pitts 30cc.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	407545  
Grant Mackay
MAAC #73350
1994 Silverado 4x4 Truck mint
2012 Mitsubishi Outlander 4x4
Gee Bee
And the love of my life my Wife.
GMACKAY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Ron L

Total Props: 0
Re: Has anyone bought from Pro Seller ???

I bought a Goldwing 30cc Decathlon from AMR last winter.
The Goldwing airplane is the worst quality ARF I have ever seen,all hardware was thrown out,control horns were of different sizes and no two matched each other, the cowl was not packed properly and was cracked,the windows were not formed properly,parts were missing.
AMR copied me on all e mails to Goldwing for over 5 months ,Goldwing would not answere any e mails at all.
AMR did all they could and finally a new cowl and windows arrived and I had to supply all the other parts.
The manual for the assembly is a joke and had 3 different CG locations noted on the same page.
Goldwing = Junk
I contacted someone in Hamilton before going to AMR and got a quote,it was very high and I was expected to pick brokerage and all fees associated with importing.
Ronno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Mike C
Radio of choice:
Hot Rock
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 4

Hi Grant, I don't know "ProSeller" but I have recently purchased a Gold wing ARF brand, 30cc 60 inch Yellow version of the same one you are looking at.
From General hobby in California.
I was impressed with the hardware and fit and finish of the model.
The instruction disc sucks and you have to wing it a little.
Shipping was reasonable at $59.00 US postal service.
This was the 4th plane I purchased from General and was as satisfied as ever.
Mine has a Saito 150 and flies great at 11.5 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	414297  
That went well

MAAC 44905
mikecoul is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Cory S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 13

I'm in the same boat as far as buying from "ProSeller", can't help at all.

However, in the last year I've purchased 1 ARF each from 3DHS, Redwing and Goldwing and thus far the build quality of the Goldwing has been the best. The covering was very well done, the wing tube was nice and tight, nothing was broken/cracked, and there is no gap between the leading or trailing edge of the wings and the fuse. The only issue I had was a piece of trim that was off center on the horizontal stab, but to be honest given the price I paid I expected it to be a lot worse.

In terms of hardware the 3DHS was probably the best, didn't replace anything. On the Goldwing I had replace the blind nuts/bolts for engine mounting. I'm still building my Redwing and I've gone ahead and purchased Robart hinges to replace the clones that it came with, just because the are super sloppy.

All in all, I wouldn't shy away from Goldwing, however I didn't purchase the plane you're looking at and it sounds like others have had worse experiences than I.
cosmith is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Was a Futaba, Now a Tyrant with Taranis.
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 8

Goldwing is amazing!! Recently I purchased a 100cc Sukhoi 26 (Honda) from this guy -> http://flyguyrc.com/

The quality was totally impressive. All of the ball links, connectors, turnbuckles were top notch. Build quality was awesome, CF components were all top shelf stuff. The package came in double boxes and was very very well packed, bubble wrapped, and foam wrapped.

Construction was also top notch, all glue joints were double glued with whatever glue they used. Fibre filled horns for all the surfaces were exact.

I'll post pictures later this evening, but I'm totally impressed.

All of the control surfaces were also pre-hinged, and if you look inside the wing, there are hard balsa blocks for all the hinges to bite into, glued in place as doublers. The rudder was also pre-hinged, but removed from the model, all you had to do was install the hinge rod, and do a couple of bends, and you're good to go.

Pull pull cables are coated steel, again, really nice quality. It's easy to recommend this model.

Don't be afraid of Goldwing, it's super light, comes with high quality CF parts (Gear, Wing / Stab Tubes) and things fit very well.
Not just any old Joe.. LOL
Almost ancient MAAC Number 28296
R/C 400 Club, Toronto RCFC
JoeT is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.