SAFE question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 09-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: And B

Total Props: 0
SAFE question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Couple weeks back I had a radio problem with my Apprentice which resulted in a nose dive.
Just got all the parts and put it in the air last night. Everything checked out well on the ground so up I went, within seconds I realized I had problems. Slow response and rates of control surfaces were low, luckily one of the trainers struggled but eventually got it landed safely.
I swapped out the SAFE receiver for a stock Spektrum unit and the plane flew faultlessly.

For the last few weeks I've had the SAFE flight mode switch in the "experienced" position 2 setting. I now notice a big difference flying with the Spektrum receiver, the plane seems "Twitchy" and less stable.
So what else does the SAFE system do part from limiting control surface rates in positions 0 and 1 and giving you a panic button?
AndyB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
RCC Noob
I am: Albert B
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx6
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: SAFE question

the safe system on the apprentice is very good for a newbie
the 0 position is beginner mode seriously cuts down on control surface movement 1 position is intermediate mode still cuts down on control surface movement but not quite as much it will allow u to bank and pitch much farther than beginner but not all the way 2 position is expert mode all bets are off
u have complete control over the surfaces allowing you to roll and loop if required no mode will affect throttle at all
also keep in mind the apprentice is equipped with as3x technology which is working in all three modes all this means is you will have stabilization help
with this active it does not effect the control of the surfaces at all
only automatically adjusts for wind turbulence making it an easier plane to fly
the panic button will work in any mode at any time as long as u hold it on
if the plane seems twitchy in expert mode try switching to low rates
it worked for me
have fun with it that plane taught me to fly and i still put it in the air all the time
stayinup is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.