General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 09-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Bill R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0
Hobby King Service

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Is anyone having issues with the service at HK lately? Orders are slow, unable to track orders, as well as a lack of advice when you use their Live Chat. They say they are not allowed to advise on products. Also the number of back orders with their products and then they say they have no idea when they will have inventory again. Frustrating...
Just wondering.
billrutledge24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 22
Re: Hobby King Service

think of Hobbyking as ordering wholesale, LOL. Not for direct-to-consumer kind of service. More for the guy who knows what he wants, knows what to never buy from Hobbyking, knows what shipping service to choose for speed/cost/tracking, and wishes to pay 1/3 to 1/2 of what the US vendors charge so he can fly 3x as many planes on the same hobby budget. That said, they do have easier catalog navigation, better pictures and product details than most vendors out there (OK their specifications can be way off).
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: B. McLaren
Radio of choice:
Taranis & 9XR
# of RCs: 12+

It has been hit and miss. One package arrives within two weeks ... the next within two months ... the next you are working with Customer Service to track.

For me, the bottomline is, everything I order from HK is for next season. Need it now, I order for GH or one of the other Canadian options. I live 100+ km from a hobby shop so the costs of driving there is way more than shipping.

One area HK has improved on is their CS ... better however is not perfect ... but it is better. It can get annoying when they want to know why they haven't heard from you in a few days when they just told you it would take several weeks to get more information.
... Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike s

Total Props: 9

Always excellent
Mike Sebastien is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #5
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 21

You said "hobby king" and "service" in the same sentence.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

MAAC Jet Committee/JPO Western Canada
2L club executive member
Pauld is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

I just received the second item today both shipped from China the same day. One took eight days and the second took eight weeks. Try "trackingex.com.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
RCC Contributor
I am: Florin
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 1

I ordered a small motor and because there was some extra weight available, I added 2 x 9 grams servos, all of them available in stock at the time. Servos arrived in 9 weeks, the motor never arrived and did not show up online in the order. Hobbyking refunded the motor amount, but I ended up with 2 servos I didn't need, paid shipping for the motor and a 9 weeks delay.

Not a big deal in my case, but it seems like there are some shipping issues at HK.
MPX Ash26 4m, Habicht 2.6m, GP Patriot 46,Sig 1/4 Cub, Kadet Senior E, Something Extra, 4*40, Avistar, Alpha 40E, Sig Riser, Airtronics Olympic II, Goldberg Electra 2m, Dynaflite Butterfly 100, ElectriCub, E-flite Mini Pulse XT, Mayhem, Blade MCX, Rustler brushless, Micro High Roller, Micro Desert Truck, Littlest Stick, Dumas Red Lion, Little bolt
Florin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9

Some issues with Malaysia post shipped items (laid off 10 000 people with planes going missing and rocket attacks) but other then that I can't complain. Last order arrived within 2 weeks.
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Cory S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 13

My last two order shipped FedEx (that was the only option) and I received them in a few days. Downside is the cost of shipping and the bill you receive a couple weeks later...
cosmith is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #10
RCC Apprentice
I am: Terry P
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4Gig and DX9
# of RCs: 15

Hey Bill:

Still trying to get my money back on two batteries I ordered back in July. They seem to like giving you the run around. Canada Post says they have not arrived in Canada yet but HK insist that they have had slow delivery do to Air freight problems from Asia. They are to let me know before the end of this week what they plan to do. If Idon't see my money then they will not see another order from me before h**l freezes over.
oakwoodflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.