Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8FG Super
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Ripped Off

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Being new to the jet community I always wanted an F15 and purchased one
from Fidel Castro here on RC Canada. I was promised the airframe was in
very good condition and to my disappointment, it was a pile of junk! After
paying $2000 for this airframe and trying to solve all of the problems I decided to scrap it before it would kill someone. I was mislead on the condition after being fair on the purchase price.

As well, I purchased a K140 for this airframe from Ted Anton on RC Canada who was selling it on behalf of a friend and was told it never ran. The engine showed up at my door with 75min on the fadec and after the first bench test the rear bearing blew apart and destroyed the turbine. I could accept the risk of flight and crashing, but to loose $5k before it even flew is a huge loss.

My lesson has been learned and will never buy used, but the most disheartening part of this entire situation is that I was mislead with fellow Jet Aircraft enthusiasts.
Boomer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 5
Re: Ripped Off

Sorry to here about your situation. When your out the amount of $$$$ your out its not right. This site does have lots of great members but also some very shady ones. If you leave negative feedback you run the risk of getting it back. Tit for Tat. Hopefully the guys that sold you the stuff will contact you and try to make things right. Floyd

Last edited by floyd; 10-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.
floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Charles

Total Props: 4

That's a heck of a lot of money to loose in one shot & very sad to say the least. I agree with Floyd that there are a lot of good members here on RCC but a few not so good, I guess. Hopefully they will contact you to rectify the problem, good luck.
Charles L
MAAC #19504
"Take Off Eh!"
Redbaron is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 8

Sorry for your loss....i hate these kind of stories!!!! I would be pissed!
Pour me another One!
FUTABA 14MZ Yeah Buddy!!
GP123cc Beast Mode All Day All Day!
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Cory S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 13

It's really disheartening to hear this.

I've had decent luck with airplane stuff. I'm super picky about things like plier marks on prop hubs and stripped bolt heads...but aside from that most of what I've purchased has been as described.

Land stuff is another story altogether. Everybody seems to want to describe their stuff as mint, which can generally be interpreted as all the hardware is stripped, the shocks are leaking, drive cups are shot etc, etc.

On the flip side, as a seller, I've always tried to be super honest about the condition of my stuff. In my opinion, any RC vehicle that has been used as intended is not mint and I won't describe it that way. This often leads to people thinking you are asking too much and your items not selling, all because you are competing with the BS "mint" ads.

I hope you get some resolution to this. Without hearing the other side of the story, the sellers could have been genuinely ignorant to the condition of the items. Believe it or not, there are people in this hobby that don't know how to hold a tool and bring their rc's to the hobby shop to get them repaired. In the wrong hobby if you ask me.

I recently bought an engine that ended up having a bent crank. I really believe the seller was unaware and to make it right he offered me a smoking deal for the NIB version he had of the same model. Hopefully your sellers can offer this type of understanding to you!
cosmith is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
Old School Flyer
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Hanes E.
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 10

5k. Raise hell!
Old School Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
Ted Anton
RCC Contributor
I am: Ted A
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 0

That is totally not true !!!!!!
The motor was BRAND NEW I never put a drop of fuel in it
We purchased 2 K 140s new from Kingtech
As far as the F15 I told you it was a Flyeagle and that you should buy a Skymaster one
The F15 deal had nothing to do with me
As far as the engine I have been in the jet scene for over 20 years my word and reputation are worth more than $2000 besides that was not my engine
I did not benefit a penny from that sale
The motor was the way it came from Kingtech I only took it out of the box
Thats the gods honest truth !!!
If you have an issue you should take that up with Kingtech and ask them about the time logged I did not put a drop of fuel in it or even plug in the ecu
I feel bad for your bad luck I swear the motor was never run

Ted Anton is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #8
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 4

I would never buy anything from someone who obviously uses no part of their real name. I would never trust anyone who uses the alias Fidel Castro...

Just ask American businesses how they feel about him...

MSH Protos V2 700, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 380, T-Rex 250 Pro, Blade 180CFX, mCPX BL, nano CP S, F-16, 3DHS Edge 540, Spitfire Mk IX, 540QQ, F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Old School Flyer
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Hanes E.
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 10

And it begins.
There is always two sides to every story.
Old School Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Alexandre G

Total Props: 1

Well, i will post a fact here, i'm a well known seller/buyer here but i got burned myself buying a jet that had really old obsolete jr servo in it instead of the high end new jr that was included.But as this ontario seller had a crazy 309+ positive feedback on rcu my opinion was of no value.....

But for your engine loss, i would contact Barry at Kingtech, all the early 140 are known to throw bearings out early because of something in the lube port.. If you do a search right here you will find another user that had the samething happened and Barry offered him a good arrangement!
Anyone can fly but it takes a pilot to land!!
Alex29 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.