Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24
Re: PICA 1/5th WACO

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks Gary, that's pretty much along the lines I was thinking! That will ensure I still get a scale roll rate, without too much down aileron.
mwavesdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #72
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 30

I was surprised how well this centered the roll axis and avoided any adverse yaw. With one as big, slow and draggy as this you really notice anything like that.

First time was in the mid 80's and due to the simple reason of not enough channels. Back then I thought 6 was a lot, but with flaps you were out of luck if the Rx did not have a separate battery input. Never liked powering the entire system and one servo via a Y-connector.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #73
mwavesdave
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4

I remember when servo reversing was a big deal, letalone dual rates!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #74
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 30

Yep, I still remember my first Futaba 6 channel, a boxy gold case and screw-on antenna. Worked quite well actually.

First one with reversing and other functions was the Airtronics Vanguard from the mid to late 80's. Lots of switches under a flip down cover.

All this helped when doing setups, but learning good installation and geometry from the very start, and how to physically correct for trim and other issues was perhaps more valuable.

Mind you, I don't really miss the time it took to do so, with repeated flights to "Tweak" everything the way you wanted. Could not even begin to think what it was like for early heli modelers.

Now it's just a few button presses or scroll wheel turns to affect changes.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #75
mwavesdave
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4

I had a vanguard, 6 channel, then got the shiny new Challenger 720, all the bells and whistles for it's time, loved that one. I had one, can't remember what it was, but it scanned all the 72 MHz Freqs, picked a clean one, you accept, and voila, off you go. When I left Germany for Victoria, BC, the club there insisted I had to pick a Freq, because it wouldn't be fair to other flyers who were stuck on one Freq. Heaven forbid they should buy one if they wanted the convenience. I never flew with that club, they annoyed me so much with all their quirky rules and restrictions. No large aerobatic planes, no ducted fan, and while they were a MAAC club, they refused to recognize MAAC Instructor rating, and said I had to do a check out flight, with a trainer. Couldn't fly my Goldberg Sukhoi, Extra 300, or Ultra Sport 60 for the checkout, had to be a trainer! The whole time I was out West, I gave up flying, and just built stuff for others.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #76
Edge54010
RCC Apprentice

I am: Brandon H

Total Props: 0

looks great. The WACO is a cool looking plane.
Edge54010 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.