Elevator misalignment problem - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gordon W
Radio of choice:
JR28x, JRXG11
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 30
Re: Elevator misalignment problem

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Glad you had a successful maiden flight! I'm sure you will enjoy how that type of plane flies
IMAC Team Canada 2014
JR Americas - Team Pilot - visit them at www.jramericas.com
Trumpetman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Philip S
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX8
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0

Thanks Gordon. I'm very happy with the flying characteristics of the plane....exciting and graceful at the same time. Phil
philfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Peter M.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 37

Total Props: 15

Originally Posted by Trumpetman View Post
I'm going to respectfully disagree. IMHO 1/8" will make a lot of difference on a model like this. You will constantly be hunting around for aileron trim. The trim will change with speed changes. I know that you say you are not a competition level pilot but constantly correcting for the roll will become old real fast! I know it is a pain but if you can't bend the connecting link into position you will have to dremel it out of there and carefully reglue...
Hey Gordon:

No worries. I have no problems with the opinions of others; that's what makes these discussions interesting and productive My point was simply to first test the platform before making any radical and perhaps damaging corrections, corrections that might not even be required considering the models design, flight envelope, exact amount of error and the experience and expectations of the pilot. My suggestion was based on personal experience, two cases to be exact (embarrassed to admit in public). I had a similar problem with my E-Flight Beaver (on floats) and, of all planes, my 3DHS Slick . Unfortunately, both models use a hardwood elevator halves joiner, so wire bending was not an option. I remember that I beat myself up for allowing the error to occur (Yes, I consider myself a very good builder) and spent the longest time worrying about this condition and how best to correct it. When it came time to flight test the models, I realised that my worry was for nothing. They flew very well and still do three and four years, respectively, later.

Regardless, Phil, I'm happy that your problem is solved.

Peter Merkel
MAAC #22527

Murphy was an optimist; fly safe and have fun.
Midair is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.