Charity and Ripped Off - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: lot

Total Props: 0
Re: Charity and Ripped Off

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good show people...makes you feel good reading stories like this...
Jazzbone is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #12
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 21

I recently gave a trainer to a guy who had a run of bad luck and crashes essentially taking him out of the hobby. I just wanted it to go to someone who would fly it and appreciate it and not just flip it for some $.

Now I wish I would have asked him to make a donation to a food bank or something. Will next time. Excellent idea.

MAAC Jet Committee/JPO Western Canada
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #13
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: jeff
Radio of choice:
Taranis plus FrSky
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 10

Well this is not my first go around for this sort of thing.. But maybe it does prove a point..

The Story

About a year or so ago .. by chance I ran into the young lad of 12 at our field.. he would come out with one of the other members and hitch a ride with who ever would take him up.. In talking with him one night he was very excited about getting into the hobby..

I had questioned him on if he knew what it cost to buy and operate a model..

He responded that yes he did,,and told me how much..

Well how do you expect to do that.. I inquired..

His response was that he was going to be getting a job with his uncle the next year and he could save his money to get a plane buy fuel etc.. at the time he was working odd jobs to earn a bit of money here and there to pay for things he wanted..

pretty impressive by today's standards with kids..

I talked with the parents on the phone and they where in full support and had told me than none of their kids just got things handed to them ,, and if they wanted something ,, they had to work hard for it..

Ok... so I was impressed with this.. someone who deserves a bit of help

I had this old hobbico trainer that I had bought to play a joke on a buddy.. I ripped it down and rebuilt it.. got the engine rebuilt by Williame3590 .. test flew the plane untill it was right ,, and then gave it to him.. RTF along with a one year maac membership.. so he was setup and legal.. with the understanding that from that point on ,, he had to support it himself..

Also.. since he was only 12.. one stipulation .. he was not !!! to try and start the engine without supervision. I didn't give him a battery either,, he had to borrow one..

I have not yet seen him fly it.. but I have heard from others in the club that he does fly it very well..

So what is the point ?? Glad you asked..

What goes around comes around... Good and Bad..
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.